I am getting in my first band and want to know what would be a good, fairly inexpensive amp to play in rooms w/ (very) roughly 800 people. I would like a tube amp but it doesn't matter that much to me.

Currently I have a Fender Frontman 25R, with a Epiphone g-400 custom and a Boss DS-1 and a EH Small Stone.

I play mostly classic rock (Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rush, Tom Petty), and grunge (Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots).

What do you recommend for preferably $700 or less?
peavey classic? nice tube amp great for gigging my friend has a 30 and plays shows all the time.
+1 to the peavey classic

the vox ac30 is another good amp for classic rock
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
used classic 50? (little more head room than the 30 and i like having 2x12's for a little more bottom end thump)
Quote by restless_thrash
line 6 spider 3 75w? I like the tones, but there will be others that will crticize my choice.

+1. i have this amp and i like the tones of it, ppl that dont like it are virgins also i gig with it with my band and its fine
Quote by slayerfrk
+1. i have this amp and i like the tones of it, ppl that dont like it are virgins also i gig with it with my band and its fine

Please fall off a cliff...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by slayerfrk

How does somebody not liking spiders tones make them a virgin?
Thread started, check out the already recommended peavey classic 30/50.
Quote by the boogieman
+1 to the peavey classic

the vox ac30 is another good amp for classic rock

he said inexpensive lol
Quote by ironman1478
he said inexpensive lol

you can find a used ac30 for $700. its not impossible
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by deadagain6591
used classic 50? (little more head room than the 30 and i like having 2x12's for a little more bottom end thump)

+100 great amps for what your needing. if you can get a used C50 for that price def. buy it
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I have a classic 50, if your interested i will give it to you for that price just because i'm nice. PM me if you want to buy it
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
I would go with the classic 50, the 30 is nice but if you ever use cleans you would probably benefit form the extra headroom of the 50.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm