hello, i would like your suggestion on a new bridge humbucker for my new washburn wi65pro.

It currently has a set of seymour duncans in it, custom custom bridge and 59 neck. i am keeping the 59 in the neck but would like to change the custom custom as it is a little too sweet for my tastes and not tight and punchy enough in the bass department.

my guitar is mahogany neck and body and set neck. it is slightly thicker than a SG shape.

I play metal mostly and need something with high output that can do leads and rhythm. sweet tone and tight punchy bass are what i am after.

what would you suggest? thanks
I've had a great experience with the DiMarzio X2N.
Main gear
Guitars
Shine ST420F
Epiphone 1966 Limited Edition G-400
Martin DX1K
Amps
1976 Silverface Champ
Egnater Tweaker 112 combo
or if your feeling adventurous get some bill lawrences, not expensive, and they are what dimebag used :P
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
No point in getting a high output pickup when you have a solid state amp. If you are happy with your amp (lot's of people will tell you to get a new one but I think the cube 60 is nice) then look at getting an MRX 10 band EQ pedal and a good distortion pedal for your high gain sound.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
No point in getting a high output pickup when you have a solid state amp. If you are happy with your amp (lot's of people will tell you to get a new one but I think the cube 60 is nice) then look at getting an MRX 10 band EQ pedal and a good distortion pedal for your high gain sound.

+1

You don't need super-high output pickups anymore. As long as you have a pickup with enough clarity and note articulation, you can get the rest from pedals. Nobody wants a pickup with insane output, where everything sounds like fuzz.
well no i don't want insane output, i want sweet punchy tone. i guess it is the voicing thats the problem with the custom custom. it just sounds too "vintagey".