Pretty simple question but ,I'm wondering how sites like UG make money to keep the site alive. Would the founder get paid per hit/amount of traffic? or what is the situation there? And also when people say that UG is allowed to show tabs because they pay royalties to the artists, how do they get enough money to do that and anyone know how much it is? Because if I was an artist , I'd defiantly allow my tabs to be out there , just to get my music heard.
The site is actually a front for a prostitution site, and thats how the money comes in. Zappp is one big, filthy internet pimp.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by zeppelinfreak51
Advertisers

Do they really make that much from stupid "shoot the duck" games and "Power Chord Academy"? There has to be another income of some sort?
ads, and considering how high this sites traffic is, that's an assload of money.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i have to pay a $30 a month fee to be green :'(
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
Quote by BumOffBarney

Really? that's bananas, I read in the other thread that only a handful of people actually make money from UG, I never knew that people paid to use it though.
Quote by ShaunDiel
Really? :eek that's bananas , I read in the other thread that only a handful of people actually make money from UG , I never knew that people paid to use it though.

No its true, diddnt you know?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

Quote by BumOffBarney

I have to pay £30 a month not to be green!

What's going on...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by ShaunDiel
Really? that's bananas, I read in the other thread that only a handful of people actually make money from UG, I never knew that people paid to use it though.

I have just checked my "Pay Pal" account and have found you to be delinquent. /Banned/
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Advertising brings in ALOT of money, trust me, you wouldnt think it but the ad banners on the top of basically page would be like 500-600 a month.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Quote by ShaunDiel
Wha?

QUICK MAN! LOG OUT BEFORE HE BANS YOU!!!

fun
Quote by ZanasCross

Your Mother.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I once knew a guy who had a minor website about SSBM and SSBB, he had a few ads on the website, and didn't get too many visitors in all reality.
He made $1,000+ a month.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
I worked it out at one point for a piece of work I was doing and the advertising does generate quite a lot of money.

As for royalties, I don't know how much they pay but the total cost would be higher if they were based in the States.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Advertising. Lots and lots of advertising.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
Advertising is a huge amount of money. I place ads for our restuarant. I spend approx. $5000 US a month on print and radio advertising. It is money well spent. The increase traffic pays off the advertising budget. As for a place like Power Chord. Whatever they pay on this site is well worth it. They probably get a ton of business from sites like this.
Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
Prostitution.

By the way, who's manning the street corner this week?
Quote by DarkEra97
By the way, who's manning the street corner this week?

Your turn.

Quote by BumOffBarney

O RLY.

Yeah, Advertisements pay for this site. Zappp may have to pay a few dollars, though.
██████████████████████████████
Quote by captainjackass
Now the real question is, where do the advertisers get the money? surely not very many people buy whatever they sell...

Duh! Zappp pays them. Vicious cycle dude. If not for Zappp the US Navy would be broke.
Oh and you're two months behind on your UG dues. Pay up.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.