So today, someone I know gave me their old Ipod Nano(2G). I've figured it out pretty quickly, but I have three questions.

I have alot of music I've downloaded at ****ty bit rates and burned to CD's in normal CD Audio format. My computer crashes about every 2 months or so(I'm running a Compaq PC purchased 9 years ago), and I lose everything whenever that happens so I don't have any of the original files. If I rip them to my computer at ****ty bit rates, will they sound any worse since I would be ripping from CD quality to 192KB, or would it be like ripping from whatever the Original Audio's bit rate?

Is it possible to take a song straight off of an MP3 CD and load it onto the Ipod without saving the Audio to the hard drive first? I'm using my parents laptop for the Ipod, and want to minimize the amount of space I take up on there hard drive as much as possible.

Also, how the **** do I turn it off? I don't see a power button anywhere on it.
you hold down either menu or play to turn it off. and it wouldn't make a difference at what rate you rip it at as long as its at least 128, I donn't think your ears can hear a difference past 128. (Don't quote me on that though)
---▲===
Pink Floyd
Quote by Grimpenguin
you hold down either menu or play to turn it off. and it wouldn't make a difference at what rate you rip it at as long as its at least 128, I donn't think your ears can hear a difference past 128. (Don't quote me on that though)

I can hear a really big difference between CD quality and 128, and in my opinion CD quality lacks a bit. I'm really picky about sound quality (I mostly listen to Vinyl through Studio Monitors). I hate MP3, but this is going to be mainly for walking around town, or riding the school bus, so it's not exactly ideal listening conditions to begin with. It's just for cheap entertainment on the go. So I'm willing to except low quality.

I don't think you quite understood the question, I downloaded music, most at 128KB, then I burnt it to CD, and I want to rip it back to a computer. And I'm thinking that If I rip it from CD back to 128KB again, if it will degrade the sound quality.