Can anyone help me? First off, I have a mesa boogie dual rectifier and 2x12 oversized cabinet. When I swicth channels i get a loud popping noise. I just bought a Furman M-8L Merit Series Power conditioner because the guy at the music store told me that it would fix it. It definitly cleared my signal up and might have toned down the popping sound slightly but its still there and still really noticeable. Is there anything that i can do about it??? I was the loop active, output as the overall volume control. I crank up the master on the 2nd and 3rd channel's. Can i get a noise gate and stick it between the head and the cabinet?? So can anyone tell me how too get ride of the popping noise and have a nice smooth, quite switch between the channels????????????????????

Brian
Yeah, I had doubt in my mind how a power conditioner was going to fix the problem. But it did really clean up the signal, It just didnt get ride of the dam popping when i switch between channels.
If memory serves correctly, I believe, while in standby you need to switch through to all of the channels, then turn standby off and it should not make the popping noise
All amps do that, except the 5150III.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Well, I tried switching through all of the channels while in standby and that didn't work. Would a noise gate between the head and cab. work???
Quote by Brian515001
Well, I tried switching through all of the channels while in standby and that didn't work. Would a noise gate between the head and cab. work???

No. These pops are caused inside the amp, so nothing you do outside it will change anything.
Quote by Brian515001
Would a noise gate between the head and cab. work???

If the pop is loud (like as loud as your guitar playing), no. You should talk to the manufacturer about the issue.

My guess is you have the wrong output setting for the wattage of the 2x12. Correct setup for different cabinets is in the manual.
Last edited by Ki' at Apr 6, 2008,