• Slash
  • Eric Clapton
  • Eddie Van Halen
  • Jimi Hendrix
  • Jimmy Page
  • Joe Perry
  • Brian May
  • Kirk Hammett
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Clapton
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
EVH

Oh, and for the love of God, don't make anymore threads like this.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
The kirkman.. not cuz he's insane at guitar, because he makes awesome solos without being too technical
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Clapton

But you cant really say who is "better" out of those guitarists, they all their unique styles and sound and everyone has a different opinion.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by Metalcoresoul
Clapton

But you cant really say who is "better" out of those guitarists, they all their unique styles and sound and everyone has a different opinion.

why are you putting quotation marks around a word he never said. lol he just said vote out of the guitarists

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
i hate judging guitarists seing as im sitting here with my $300 epi les paul, without a band, and only a vision and dream.

but if i must comment on these guitarists i would say......

EDDIE-VAN-****ING-HALEN!!!!!!!!!!! WINS AND SHREDS THE ASSHOLE OF THE COMPETITION!

kirk hammet, stole all his riffs from dave mustain.

slash isnt as good as evh.

clapton is amazing just doesnt stand out as much as evh.

page played ****house live. and his riffs are all just annoying.

hendrix is sooooo messy when he plays live.

brian may is a sex machine lol

and i havent heard enough live recordings or albums by joe perry to make a judgement
Quote by klb93
why are you putting quotation marks around a word he never said. lol he just said vote out of the guitarists

I'm assuming by vote he implyed "vote who is better/the best", what else would he be asking us to vote on :p?
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by Metalcoresoul
I'm assuming by vote he implyed "vote who is better/the best", what else would he be asking us to vote on :p?

who you're favorite guitarist is out of the list. hey I like clapton too, we hav so much in common

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
dave mustaine
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Kirk Hammett. I like his solos, and he's just an all around nice guy.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by xdeathxcorex
i hate judging guitarists seing as im sitting here with my $300 epi les paul, without a band, and only a vision and dream.

but if i must comment on these guitarists i would say......

EDDIE-VAN-****ING-HALEN!!!!!!!!!!! WINS AND SHREDS THE ASSHOLE OF THE COMPETITION!

kirk hammet, stole all his riffs from dave mustain.

slash isnt as good as evh.

clapton is amazing just doesnt stand out as much as evh.

page played ****house live. and his riffs are all just annoying.

hendrix is sooooo messy when he plays live.

brian may is a sex machine lol

and i havent heard enough live recordings or albums by joe perry to make a judgement

Says xdeathxcorex

I am pretty sure that Page was amazing lize when he was all messed up on heroin in the mid 70's. Watch him in late 60's and try to say that again. Hendrix isn't messy either. He just was tripping balls all the time so he couldn't help it. If you were tripping balls, do you think you could remember a whole set for guitar and vocals and not get scared away by flaming meteors? I definatly couldn't.
Quote by ScreaminSavior
not touchin this one with a ten foot pole...

i believe the expression is i wouldent touch this one with a 39 and a half foot pole

and BTW slash all the way
for me, Eddie Van Halen. But that's just because I like his music better.

Gutiarist vs. guitarist is b/s. Music shouldn't be about competetion, but rather about expressing yourself and doing your own thing.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
wow! way to hard.
depends on mood.
I would say Page as far as bridging the gap from Heavy and Folk or (blues disti and acoustic melody) and being a forefather for us in 60s-70s transition or whatever the f you want to call it. sorry -may not be the most technical but from from a bandwidth and feel perspective wins.
2. EVH
3. Slash
that just about covers everything i like with addition of Frusciante's work...and hendrix and clapton...see, i knew i couldn't do this....oh and Mustaine and Kirk and Kurt C...bye

;
Brian May is the best couse he doesn't show off as much as all the other assholes, he just stands there quetly and the just blows the magic out of his red special!
imo and No offense to Brian May 'cause i always thought that his disti and wah were very expressive yo -but for some reason i always catagorized Brian May and Queen as being too vain or too Down or tooo Wah or too hip...

really hard to pinpoint imo as i feel they are a Huge influence one me...weird deal...night
;

+2 or 3 for Froosh, Hendi, Page, Halen bros, rhoads,wilde, my god STFU...
night
Frusciante
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
+1 for Hendrix and Frusciante, definitely my two biggest influences.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by PhantomNote
for me, Eddie Van Halen. But that's just because I like his music better.

Gutiarist vs. guitarist is b/s. Music shouldn't be about competetion, but rather about expressing yourself and doing your own thing.

Lol and yet they have battle of the bands and top 100 and all that ****...So Im affraid music is made into a competition. Although Im not saying I believe it should be.

Aaaaaand Clapton I say!
Slash and Kirk Hammet are overrated as hell, I hate them, and I don't like any of the other so much except for Jimi. So I say Jimi Hendrix.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Hendrix all the way. hell kirk wouldnt even be here if it werent for him. Kirk bores the **** out of me. he had some great solos on Ride the Lightning but other than that his work is so generic. Slash is also kind of boring sometimes. Hendrix is my favorite. people who say hes overatted need to listen to Electric Ladyland, band of Gypsies, axis bold as love, Hell, anything but Purple haze which you probably bought off itunes.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Every time I listen to "Are you experienced?" I have to remind myself it's from 1967, even though it sounds as fresh as if it were recorded last week.
another thing i dislike about Kirks playing is how he follows james rythm guitar for his solos. the instant james changes chords kirk starts a new line. Seriosuly its like hes his butt buddy or something. And i know it shows that he has a good sense of rythm but a solo is called a solo for a reason. (if you dont know what im talking about listen tot he solo in "one" or "master of puppets" ) i like megadeths way of doing it where the guitarist just solos and the rythm guitarist plays something to acompany the solo.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Page 1 of 2