whats the reason you play your instrument? for fun? a hobby to pass the time? or do you really wanna use it to pay the bills?

personally i play for fun. i love learning my favorite songs and playing along to them. =]
I play as a hobby. I don't plan to do this as a full time job as I'm just learning and even if I get really good I'd probably pick up a job as something more mundane, but it's just fun to learn and it's a productive hobby.
to express myself, not to sound cliche. but i truly love everything about it.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
I enjoy playing teh musickz.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Kill time while learning somehitng thats fun

and if youre ever at a praty you can always play some acoustic
i play because i love music. it might end up as a bill paying thing if my solo project or my band flies off.
To take up time in between masturbation sessions
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
i always had an intersted in music and i was inspired by some bands to be a rockstar. hehe. But eventually i got bored of it and then i just started playing for fun every now and then, jamming with myself. It's been kind of a hobby, and therapy cuz i'm so lonely now and have nothign to do for fun, but playing along with my cd's is like the best thing i stil have, that and playing with my wang. but now i've been writing some songs and playing guitar is like an outlet for my feelings, like sometimes i feel rlly happy, i play some pop kind of songs, and when im' feeling angry, metal, sometimes i'm feeling adventurous so play some rlly foreigin black metal kind of riffs. it just helps me live
I play the flute for the chicz.

I play because I heard John Lee Hooker play, and said to myself "I wana play that".
Well, I hope to get into another band here soon. But I find that music relaxes me, and so does playing it.

(Drummer)
to get free stuff

and because i love music
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

I enjoy playing music. I love the physical touch of the instruments that I play. I will be a music major starting next year, so yes, eventually I'll probably be playing music to pay the bills.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
because is fun
uses my free time
i can´t stop listening to music(i take my ipod to school everyday)
picking up the chick is just a bonus
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
I love music.
Quote by DanRev
"Come over to my place, no ones home"

I went, there was no one home.
For the lulz
For the fun
For the hobby
For the challenge
For the chicks
For the kewl
For the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
For the lulz
For the fun
For the hobby
For the challenge
For the chicks
For the kewl
For the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Consider yourself sigged, you sexy Jew man.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
It's the only thing I'm relatively good at.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I love to play and compose my own pieces, and I find it more emotional/visceral than the piano which was one of first choices. :\ Regardless, the guitar is amazing.
666 BRO
Music can be used when words and actions fall short of what we want to express. But I guess "unprecedented levels of awesomeness" could describe guitar, roughly.
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -
Quote by iceman_8319
To take up time in between masturbation sessions

Anyway its probably the only thing im decent at
I ve always loved music and always dreamed of being that ****er onstage whos going crazy with a guitar and all the people watching are going "holy ****"