Hey i was wondering for anyone who has traded in gear at Guitar center, i have a couple questions. first, can you get cash,or do you only get store credit OR do you get less cash than you would credit? Also i was wondering how much i could get for some of the stuff i have, i was going to trade in Roughly $900 worth of stuff(a guitar and 2 solid state amps) do you think i have a chance of getting even $400? because i want to buy a new guitar along with some money i already have(their all in almost perfect condition btw) thanks for the help
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
well if it's TRUELY worth around $900, then yea they should give you about $400.
I just hate that they rip you off in price when you're going to trade in stuff. Just like gamestop.
Don't know if they give it in cash at GC, but at samash they do
Ya ebay is nice, but i just feel like getting it over with quickly, i dont want to spend time checking ebay and stuff so i'll probobly just trade in and see what i can get
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
They will give you roughly 50% off what its worth used.

Example: Amp is $1000 new but its going for $400 used... GC will give you $200

I guess it makes sense, they have to make a profit too
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by clincher09
I traded my beat-up LP studio, and they gave me $800 for it so, as they say your millage may vary. Plus they seemed like they were more than happy to have it.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
We have a pyramid with an all seeing eye, and a menacing eagle with arrows in it's talons.
You have a duck.

PRS Custom 24
Peavey Windsor + 2x12
Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tubescreamer
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
It's not worth trading your gear in at GC, unless you're really tight on money and don't care what you get for it. Generally, they're going to give you about a 1/3 of what it's worth, regardless of condition, age, and what you think of it.

They don't give you cash out of the register, but they will write you a check if you don't want store credit. They pull that, "you'll get a little more if you take store credit," BS. Keep in mind, if they've got a lot of what you're trading in or there's very little demand for what you have to offer, you're going to get even less.
^
yeah or craiglist. someone bought my marshall 15watter in 2 days
They offered me $400 on my 5150 combo, they were selling one for $450, little beat up but they'd only make maybe $100 off mine.

They also gave me $350 for my Ibanez SZ520 on a trade-in for my SG, usually they give you more if it's a trade in.

That being said, I took my Jackson DXMG I bought there for $420 new and sold it to a shop in the mall for $375 a half a year later Go small shops!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I traded in two crappy amps I used to have at GC a few years ago. I was just about to move and needed to get rid of the amps and they weren't selling elsewhere, so I brought them to GC. They did low-ball me, but I pulled the, "that's ok, I'll bring them over to Samash. I called them earlier and they said they'd give me $$$ for both amps. Thanks anyway."

What do you know, they matched the price. I did call Samash earlier that day to see if they took trade-ins and what time they were open till, never once asked about how much they'd give me. I pulled that number out of my ass so I didn't have to drive an hour out of my way to Samash and GC went for it.
Quote by SkateEmerica987
I guess it makes sense, they have to make a profit too

Well, they usually sell used gear at 3/4's of the new price. They're making a profit, don't worry.