watching the torrent DVD version of it right now.

35 mins into and it kinda sucks.

is this a good movie or what?
SRV R.I.P.
I thought it was a great movie. But I bet most of the effects and sounds wont be a awesome as in the theaters.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
if you've watched that far into the movie, you already have the jist of it. seriously, i thought it was terrible.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
lol, at the responses.

at least it doen't make me sick.

gonna watch the rest - looks pretty cool.

I love sci-fi scary movies.
SRV R.I.P.
Quote by TSaxnBassist
it gets pretty good, and i heard theyre making a sequel, is this true?

I heard they were planning to make different perspectives on the same night and the two movies sorta of meeting at one point. In the scene where they are on the bridge before the monster breaks it, there is another cameraman you see and the writer's said there may be a movie shown through that perspective or a totally different one. It's a cool idea.
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
I heard they were planning to make different perspectives on the same night and the two movies sorta of meeting at one point. In the scene where they are on the bridge before the monster breaks it, there is another cameraman you see and the writer's said there may be a movie shown through that perspective or a totally different one. It's a cool idea.

ya that'd be cool, but i hope their story explains a bit more.
Personally, I thought it was awesome. If you didn't see it in theaters it won't have the same effect unless you're watching it on a huge screen with awesome effects.
Why I Love Spanish Women

I'm hoping by "crack" you mean cleavage unless you have some kind of bizarre ass-chest.

Quote by Kensai
Dude, relax. Don't be so rape about things.
I liked the movie but was extremely disappointed with the ending. It was like a brick wall for me.
dude... just wait for the zerglings.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I liked it a lot when I saw it, but I have a feeling it would suck if I wasn't in a theater. By far the loudest movie I've ever seen.
Quote by Zugunruhe
dude... just wait for the zerglings.

Zerglings = .

The big monster is one of the coolest looking monsters ever made.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
My friend and i both vomited after seeing it lol. I couldn't look at the screen for a lot of the second half of the movie, to shaky, it gave me the worst motion sickness ever.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by Thales
I liked the movie but was extremely disappointed with the ending. It was like a brick wall for me.

That was the point.

Also, at the end after the credits, if it's rewinded, you can hear "it's still alive"
Quote by TSaxnBassist
ya that'd be cool, but i hope their story explains a bit more.

actually, a lot is explained through the viral marketing campaign that was started before the movie came out. you can find things online, but basically

*spoilers*

this japanese company, tagruato, started drilling on the ocean floor. they discovered this substance they called "undersea nectar" which they used in their drink slusho. this is the company that rob was going to japan to work for. so anyway they put their own sattelite up into space, but for some reason it malfunctioned and crashed into the ocean (this can be seen at the end of the movie in the coney island scene where it's looking out over the ocean, it's towards the right of the screen). tagruato went down to the bottom of the ocean and apparently woke up the monster. the monster went on a rampage, destroying a tagruato oil rig, and eventually made it to new york.

*end spoilers*

so yeah. there's really not mcuh left to explain. for anyone thinking that i need a life, i learned all that the night i came back from seeing the movie. i got home and had to find out everything i could about the movie haha. if anyone's curious about stuff, go to imdb, search for cloverfield, and check out the faq.
It's a great movie, watch it all!
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
It gives an interesting perspective from the view point of an everyday person in that situation but thats about it, i wouldn't give it any awards for plotline creativity or cinematography. The movie didn't do the amount of hype it had behind it much justice.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
I enjoyed it. Shows what'd really happen and what'd we really would see in one of those Sci-fi situations, not scenes with presidents and shooting the hell out of aliens.

Yeah I liked it. I almost barfed though. Damn 9mm lens.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
I thought it was great. I don't see how people can think it's terrrible. Obviously there are things that people nit-pick about I.E. The camerawork, the acting, the length. Blah, blah, but to be frank, I (as most people also did) went to see it for the monster, and it was amazing. The CGI was beautiful and the destruction looked amazing as well. Great film IMO. :\
666 BRO
Fair enough, the effects were good, but the story (within the actual film, not all the other things around the film, which could turn out fantastic) was sh*t. It took an hour and a half to get into... then it ends. The monster looked crap (the design of the giant legged whale thing looked much cooler, think Sin from FFX).

In fact, the only good bits was the hot lead female and when that bint's face exploded.
The effects and everything were incredible, but the movie itself was absolutely terrible.