Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I would stay away from it and go for a Epiphone Les Paul Custom instead. Crack is always a bad sign and Gibson Melody Maker isn't that good anyway.
Definitely stay away from that one. Chances are if theres a crack either side of the nut then its a fairly major problem.
Quote by hminh87
I would stay away from it and go for a Epiphone Les Paul Custom instead. Crack is always a bad sign and Gibson Melody Maker isn't that good anyway.

If it's a melody maker, it's really cheap. He could get an Epi Standard, or a very good Agile (go to rondomusic.comFor agile)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I would say it depends on how repairable it is. But i have my doubts-
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Guys... It's a Les Paul Junior. From the looks of it too, it's an old one.

I think it might just be the finish. It might just be aging.

I had a crack like that before on an old Gibby. It really didn't affect the guitar at all.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the crack on mine wasn't at both ends. Be a bit careful.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Apr 5, 2008,
Hmmm, it's at a pretty vunerable part of the guitar, I'd be wary.
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
It's either nothing at all or a huge problem.
My wager's on that it's a huge problem if it's on ebay.
I saw this guitar on eBay too. I think the listing mentioned that the crack doesn't need repairing at this time.

However a crack like that can get worse very quickly and render the guitar useless. It could then be repaired by a luthier but the cost of the repair may not be worth it unless you could DIY.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
haha, the first few replies thought it was a Melody Maker.

I've seen cracks like those before, but people said that some were cracks in the finish, is that possible?
Quote by Mockingbird452
haha, the first few replies thought it was a Melody Maker.

I've seen cracks like those before, but people said that some were cracks in the finish, is that possible?

on both sides? my ec-50 used to have a painchip there, but it was on one side only