Is it illegal to pay in just pennies in Canada?(if yes, proof please)
And if no, can a business legally decline them if they have not stated it in advance that
they do not accept them?
i think its illegal to pay for something more than a dollar with only pennies, so just throw a nickel in there. They were doing it at much music a month or 2 ago.

Also, some guy on the news bought a new car only using change that he saved for like 15 years. i say go for it
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
well i just need the law to find the loop holes, its for getting back at the UofC for being dicks really...
I read pennies as Penises..
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
lol well do the rolls have to have a pattern ex the standard 50c, or like rolls of 10,,17, 31, 9....
Quote by Ace.
lol well do the rolls have to have a pattern ex the standard 50c, or like rolls of 10,,17, 31, 9....

the only kind of penny rolls are of 50 cents per roll, making two rolls to a dollar.
Quote by Ace.
well i just need the law to find the loop holes, its for getting back at the UofC for being dicks really...

I think the pit would like to hear this story
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by yellowfrizbee
I read pennies as Penises..

IDEA

Glue them into a Giant male Genitalia.

I wonder if they'd take that....
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Ace.

Yeah, those ****ing douche bags, how am I supposed to pay for my tuition now? I don't have like ten grand just sitting around...
and I think it's illegal to pay for anything over $50 in pennies.

Quote by Phillitalian
I think the pit would like to hear this story

Basically, the University of Calgary decided to not accept credit card as a form of payment for tuition anymore, so now a load of kids won't be able to pay for tuition. I think they saved something like $175,000 in processing fees.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Last edited by SRX700 at Apr 5, 2008,
I don't know about Canada but I'm pretty sure that in the US its illegal to refuse legal tender, +1 on hearing the story
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Quote by Td_Nights
IDEA

Glue them into a Giant male Genitalia.

I wonder if they'd take that....

a-are we talking about the pennies here ?

If so, I totally support this idea
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
so yea as SRX700 stated, the UofC has declined credit card payment, to get back at them, my brother would like to purchase text books with solely a backpack of pennies(because the ladies are bitchy and they were hired by the UofC... part of the UofC) or pay his tuition in pennies if he could get that many... im totally for it haha.
oh and there was no prior notice to this taking away of credit card payment aswell
so total dicks, and now we need to get back
Pay for your tuition in loonies. My gf's sister organized a protest where everybody was going to buy a ****load of stuff with just loonies.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by Ace.
oh and there was no prior notice to this taking away of credit card payment aswell
so total dicks, and now we need to get back

If they're dicks, give them one!

I really think you should do the whole 'glue pennies into a giant Penis then post in on UG' routine.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
haha, yea thats a great idea
its a little more easy than pennies
but buying a textbook with pennies is still reasonable enough to do