Hey Been a few months since new original material. Anyways, with this piece, me and a good friend collaborated to attempt to cultivate a genre that you've hopefully never heard before. Like all genre's, they take certain aspects from others so, that's what we tried to do here. We have combined Ambient Progressive Techno Jazzy Funk Pop Rock. Sounds weird, but I think it sounds slightly addicting.

Oh, and I should add, these are REAL instruments. We're using Drums, Bass, and Guitar with a TON of effects.

This isn't the VERY VERY final version, I still plan to go and mix the levels once more but for the most part, this is it. Tell me what you think, thanks guys!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/jasonmetal+love/

"Melodies"
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Last edited by jasonmetal love at Apr 5, 2008,
but now for a real crit lol , the song has a nice mellow feel to it something you can just sit and relax to, because nothing really jumps out at u and shocks you u can really start to listen to the effects and other areas of the song,

all up i say well done its not a new genre but its a very good song
Quote by Martindecorum
the genre is trance ambience

It def, has Ambient and trance qualities but, no Ambient or Trance music for that matter that I've heard uses Jazz chords and/or funky guitar riffs. It's up to interpretation but, there are different styles put into this piece other than those.
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by Martindecorum
but now for a real crit lol , the song has a nice mellow feel to it something you can just sit and relax to, because nothing really jumps out at u and shocks you u can really start to listen to the effects and other areas of the song,

all up i say well done its not a new genre but its a very good song

Thanks Yep, I've fallen asleep to this song many times.
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by jasonmetal love
It def, has Ambient and trance qualities but, no Ambient or Trance music for that matter that I've heard uses Jazz chords and/or funky guitar riffs. It's up to interpretation but, there are different styles put into this piece other than those.

that being said ur correct lol, you shall call it JAZZTRANCE lol
hmm, i dont know if i could fall asleep to this one. i have fallen asleep listening to death metal, but its more of a wall of sound, where this ones drums are pretty prominent.
anyways, critwise.
so far i am really likeing this song. some of the better sung vocals in this style that i have heard here.i guessing all of the instruments are electronic? cant really compliment your playing then, but they are all well set up. i liked the wah fills a lot. they do a good job of filling out the song. this is a pretty full song, the only thing it needs is a nice mellow bassline.
its not really my type of music but i appreciate it nonetheless.

would you mind critting my new recording?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830064
thanks in advance!
Quote by diablo_man
hmm, i dont know if i could fall asleep to this one. i have fallen asleep listening to death metal, but its more of a wall of sound, where this ones drums are pretty prominent.
anyways, critwise.
so far i am really likeing this song. some of the better sung vocals in this style that i have heard here.i guessing all of the instruments are electronic? cant really compliment your playing then, but they are all well set up. i liked the wah fills a lot. they do a good job of filling out the song. this is a pretty full song, the only thing it needs is a nice mellow bassline.
its not really my type of music but i appreciate it nonetheless.

would you mind critting my new recording?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830064
thanks in advance!

Actually, there is no electronics in this at all. It's Bass, Guitar, and Drums with a TON of effects. The bass isn't that predominate but if you listen, it follows the bass drum. I'll hopefully get some time tomorrow to crit yours, thanks.
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by Martindecorum
that being said ur correct lol, you shall call it JAZZTRANCE lol

Funky Jazz Trance, hahah.
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by na10tbolt
Hey! You're from Phoenix. When you said you liked Vayden I was like "wait, how has he heard of them?" This stuff is really cool and original though. I'm digging the jazzy guitar wah stuff too.

Yeah, my good friend is the guitarist for that band. By the way, they're song is going on national radio this month.
Portugal. The Man »–
Last edited by jasonmetal love at Apr 8, 2008,
Quote by werty22
How did you get that marimba-like sound that starts at about 1:35?

Added effects to the toms on the drums.
Portugal. The Man »–
I'm not a fan of the start the block synthy chords are a bit cheesy for me.
The singing is well done and quite pleasant, not a fan of the accent though (lol)
Like the happy wee 'bee boo bee boo' riff that's playing throughout
LOL! it's gottne really happy and quite reggae here!
guitars interplay quite well
Drums could maybe have gotten a bit more busy when it changes there?
yeah the more 'real' sounding guitars add a nice texture to stop it sounding too electronic

Perhaps the waa guitar could come up a bit when you next mix it?

I like it as a piece to listen to and crit, but it's not something I my self would buy - though I can see that others might.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
I'm not a fan of the start the block synthy chords are a bit cheesy for me.
The singing is well done and quite pleasant, not a fan of the accent though (lol)
Like the happy wee 'bee boo bee boo' riff that's playing throughout
LOL! it's gottne really happy and quite reggae here!
guitars interplay quite well
Drums could maybe have gotten a bit more busy when it changes there?
yeah the more 'real' sounding guitars add a nice texture to stop it sounding too electronic

Perhaps the waa guitar could come up a bit when you next mix it?

I like it as a piece to listen to and crit, but it's not something I my self would buy - though I can see that others might.

Thanks for the crit Stu! You mean my American accent? :P "Like the happy wee 'bee boo bee boo' riff that's playing throughout" What riff is that? o.O

I may work on it a bit more, but I might not, this took way to long to finish, and for the most part, it's done I think. Thanks again!
Portugal. The Man »–
Nice work as always Jason. Between your distinctive vocals and guitar style and Alex's unconventional technique, you truly have created something very unique and individual.
I await more.

See you at school tomorrow man.