Ok, so my equipment goes like this...

I've got an electric/acoustic guitar
A M-Audio Usb Preamp interface
2 condenser mics
Ableton Live 6 (trial)
Sony acid (full)

Okay.
Well my problem is, I'm lining my acoustic directly into the preamp which connects to my computer via usb, and the recordings have pops and hisses in them. Also they are mono recordings, not stereo. Misc have the same problem, line one is only left channel and line 2 is only right channel.
I have this problem with acid.
I can't seem to make sense of live, I can record but I can't play what I record back. Also, when I add effects to the track, they don't actually work..
Any help?
Thanks.
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
Sometimes certain cards dont take those USB interfaces well. I use a line 6 toneport and audacity and get pretty damn good recording sounds. Also perhaps you have too much gain on the pre-amp, try lowering it down.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
`^ i have the exact same card. the card itself shouldn't be a problem (assuming the card isn't jacked up) i recommend checking your connections and like what was mentioned above, making sure your gain isn't turned up too high. also check your mic's connections and your preamps settings. if any of these are too high it can cause popping.
I meant motherboard, i have read about certain motherboards causing alot of latency in usb devices
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Okay so how would I change the gain and stuff?
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta