I'm buying a cheap stack, and am looking at what to get to enhance the sound.
Along the lines of a Line 6 POD XT Live, or a Boss GT-8, but these are the only two i know of.
Just looking for suggestions on other units, i don't need people telling me "just save up for a valve amp" etc etc.
Thanks.
Boss me-50
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
The Boss me-50 is a mediocre multi-effects pedal... The distortions are crap, and the expression pedal lacks sweep in near entirety (I know, for I own one)... The Delay and Modulation effects are alright, though. But seriously... Don't get the Boss me-50.
Quote by tomrules
I'm buying a cheap stack, and am looking at what to get to enhance the sound.
Along the lines of a Line 6 POD XT Live, or a Boss GT-8, but these are the only two i know of.
Just looking for suggestions on other units, i don't need people telling me "just save up for a valve amp" etc etc.
Thanks.

Why don't you just use the money to get a better stack? Or even better a better combo? If you have something against tubes, get a Flextone or a Vetta?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
true, i own it aswell
ehh the wah is like non-present, and the distortions are kind of poor yes.
you don't need a stack..

you will feel much better investing in good tone rather than a big amp with lot's of speakers and wattage.

however, if I where to buy a multi-fx pedal today I'd go for the GT-8. but if you're planning on going for single pedals later along anyways I'd suggest getting something cheaper and learning what effects you're interested in having.
the behringer V-Amp 2 is good for all kinds of sounds, especially if youre looking for more diverse acoustic modulations. still need distortion pedal tho, since all multi effects are digital and digital distortion is nothing against the ole DS-1. ive also never made good friends with wah effects, these two effects rely too much on their analogue abilities to be modelled by digital units. the V-Amp 2 will give you any sound you want tho... for a very affordable price i must say
Wanted to play Bass, but then developed conscious thought...
The stack i am getting is $400 (aud) from $800.... i have neither the money or patience to save for a tube amp.
There is very little variety in "value" tube amps down here, and i dont have thousands of dollars.
Quote by tomrules
The stack i am getting is $400 (aud) from $800.... i have neither the money or patience to save for a tube amp.
There is very little variety in "value" tube amps down here, and i dont have thousands of dollars.

still, a stack is a waste of money and space. why not get a smaller and better SS combo?
i have a smaller, better SS combo...
i want a stack because my bands getting more gigs, and with a pod or whatever im sure it'll sound fine.
plus it makes me look cool.
Quote by lefthandman9876
none of them
they all horribly ruin tone
If you're using a Boss GT-8 and it's horribly ruining your tone, you're not using it right.
Cool doesn't sound good. I have been gigging for jeesh way too long and you will get sick of carrying a head and a bottom around. A decent combo miced is plenty for any venue.And yes multi effects are not a choice in my opinion they all are not that great.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
The Digitech GNX4 and 3000 are very good and so are the new RP's, they also take pedals very nicely aswell
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
hey
guys I was you could help me out... I jammed with my band yesterday and playing through an marshall 100dfx combo a frend lend me... I complete fell in love with it's dfx... Is there any chance I could get that exact same sound for any other effect pedals not depending on the amp? since I just bought a line6 spider III 150hd I would get pissed if the only way to get that same sound we be to buy marshall head with its pedal...
thx
Quote by tomrules
i have a smaller, better SS combo...
i want a stack because my bands getting more gigs, and with a pod or whatever im sure it'll sound fine.
plus it makes me look cool.

A big, shiny Marshall MG stack should do just fine for you.
Quote by Guitarmiester
A big, shiny Marshall MG stack should do just fine for you.

+9999999
lol

btw, TS look at the new white one they came out with!
i agree with lefthandman9876
youd spend around the same money as well

but if u must
Boss GT series boards a great..my dad owns a Gt-6 and the COSM effects are great
Line 6 floor models are good..i borrowed one live and (i play metal and stuff) the distortion was massive but the noise gate on it takes the feedback but keeps the distortion
id advise on not going towards Korg floor models
theyre cheaper but the effects and distortion sounds like tin. haha bad description but its a bad effects floor pedal..

ACTUALLY if you get those Line 6 stacks or combos
the Line 6 floor models are specifically designed for them and the tone is great
i heard a guitarist live using a Line 6 combo and Line 6 floor model and it sounded good to me
Quote by ChrisN
If you're using a Boss GT-8 and it's horribly ruining your tone, you're not using it right.

this.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by Osiris77
In my opinion the Pod X3 blows everything else out of the water but its not going to sound good through a piece of crap amp. If your getting a multi-effects and you don't want to buy a good amp to run it through you should probably just buy a power amp and either 4x12 or 2x12 cab.

https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=TS100

you should try the zoom g9 its unbelievably good
Quote by SteaminGeezer
you should try the zoom g9 its unbelievably good

I guess when I said blows everything out of the water I should have said other than the Zoom G9. I'd still take the X3 through but the zooms defiantely a close second.....
For all those stereo typical answers ie get a stack
multi effects petals aren't that bad you just have to set it up and tweak it to get a good tone
i'd recommend the gt8 cuz it has a lot of room to tweak
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by Osiris77
In my opinion the Pod X3 blows everything else out of the water but its not going to sound good through a piece of crap amp. If your getting a multi-effects and you don't want to buy a good amp to run it through you should probably just buy a power amp and either 4x12 or 2x12 cab.

https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=TS100

all my friends who got the X3 returned it with in 3 to 4 weeks because it is made like **** but the rest of the advice is great
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
The POD XT Live isn't a bad unit at all. And if you're getting a cheap stack, then the amp modeling would be a really nice addition to your sound. I still have that I use with an old valvestate amp at home to practice with.

I used to use one with a tube combo, but didn't use the amp modeling and all the effects were top notch.

I'd recommend the Line 6 over the Boss one.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster