how brootal would this be???

has anyone done it and made a youtube vid?

im just interested in how much distortion it could generate
i see.

does anyone know of any 5150 combo video's on youtube?

im just looking to buy one atm, and not sure how they sound, and the local store doesnt have one in stock.

i also forget the name of the new one, the 62-something bahaha
6262? Thats bugeras version of a 6505+.
And yeah I don't recommend using a distortion pedal with an amp like that.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
If you need more gain (??) use an overdrive pedal, not a distortion pedal. Distortion pedal will sound like ****.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Ventor
If you need more gain (??) use an overdrive pedal, not a distortion pedal. Distortion pedal will sound like ****.

100% Agreed.

TS, I honestly don't think you'll need anymore gain. But if you want to and if you can try out the amp, ask them if you can try out a Tubescreamer or a Boss super overdrive? Then do a boost trick, low drive, high volume and mess about with the tone. This'll help push the power tubes more.
Gear Now:
Epiphone G400
JCM 900 4100
1960a cab
SD - 1

Next:
EQ Pedal

Go! Go! Bronco

You won't ever see me falling to my knees
I won't live for something I can't see
distortion pedal + amp distortion usually = muddy, buzzy, feedbacky tone. Distortion pedals are usually meant for running through a clean setting.

What you want to boost an already distorted tube amp is an overdrive pedal.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by howey
6262? Thats bugeras version of a 6505+.
And yeah I don't recommend using a distortion pedal with an amp like that.

I was at the store trying one

a 6262 that is, coz my guitarist has a 6505+.

They werent that similar to me. Like he got metalcore triviumish bfmv tones at jam, and at the store, the 6262 was either muddy/tinny.

No real BALLS

try a 333xl if ur thinkin of gettin a bugera
I tried my MT-2 on the clean channel of my 5150 when I had it one time when I was just jamming with my friends and playing with all my pedals. It actually really didn't sound bad, better than the p.o.s. MT-2 usually sounds, but yes there was a lot of feedback, but I used it like you would use an OD pedal, distortion at 0, volume up.

I really don't know why you'd want to use a distortion pedal through it, it has plenty of gain by itself. I just tried it cause I didn't have a footswitch for the amp and was using a lot of clean/slightly overdriven stuff and I needed a bigger boost to get higher gain
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I've heard a 5150 boosted with a Boss DS-1. As long as you know don't set the gain on the amp too high and know how to set the DS-1, it can sound pretty damn good. If you're just looking for more distortion out of the amp, maybe you should try cranking it for once.