Page 1 of 2
Guys im gunna upload some songs on my profile, how do i get big record lables or small record lables to hear them? or how do i get signed in general.
drive through town playing the music REEEEAAAAAL loud and hope an agent hears it
We walked into the night

Am I to bid you farewell?

Why can't you see that I try
When every tear I shed

Is for you?
Quote by Beast-Wyvern
drive through town playing the music REEEEAAAAAL loud and hope an agent hears it

Thats a geniious plan but i can't drive yet and my mom doesnt like my music so she wont drive me and she doesnt want me putting a stereo on the roof of her car
Talent would help. Nah, it sounds good. You play gigs and hope an agent is listening or you send your stuff to labels.
I've almost finished.
Quote by Supples
Thats a geniious plan but i can't drive yet and my mom doesnt like my music so she wont drive me and she doesnt want me putting a stereo on the roof of her car
lol youre under 16 and you want to be on a record label?

...haha....

I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
lol youre under 16 and you want to be on a record label?

...haha....

ever heard of....the most awesum band......silverchar?? they were signed when they were lik 12
Sleep your way to the top.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by BenFoffenbock
Sleep your way to the top.

I do not see how this can fail.

EDIT: ****! The electric guitar scared the living bajeezus out of me
Last edited by SOADisdabest at Apr 5, 2008,
id love to hear his awesum songs about getting his braces off.

100% powerchords, ill bet anything.
Quote by rcw110131
This HAS to be some kind of joke. HAHAHA listen to this kid's "jam" LOL

Invest in some Terry S. Taylor : )
~ J6hn
I never listened to the song. my audio is nay working. what does it sound like?
I lied about it sounding good
I've almost finished.
Originally Posted by Beast-Wyvern

^DEFINATELY not the best idea. In fact, he'll probably get pulled over for indecent exposure. NOONE should hear that again... No offense... just... get better. Assuming it's not a joke, which it probably is.
Quote by metaldud536
Yes. When the shield generator on Endor has been deactivated, Rogue Squadron is easily able to enter the Death Star II without repurcussions.

...And that's how menstruation works.
if this is a joke, its good. if its not, *shudders*.

seriously, get better before you put stuff on the internet.
Quote by Supples
ever heard of....the most awesum band......silverchar?? they were signed when they were lik 12

if u werent joking about silverchair being most awesome band then thats the reason u wont get signed and continue choking on your uncle for years to cum.
Originally Posted by Zugunruhe
seriously, get better before you put stuff on the internet.

...or if you want to get signed by a label, for that matter.
Quote by metaldud536
Yes. When the shield generator on Endor has been deactivated, Rogue Squadron is easily able to enter the Death Star II without repurcussions.

...And that's how menstruation works.
Quote by gir vs wild
if u werent joking about silverchair being most awesome band then thats the reason u wont get signed and continue to choke on your uncle's cum for years to come.

Fixed.
I've almost finished.
Quote by Maidenhell666
...or if you want to get signed by a label, for that matter.
...or just for the sake of being able to play.

20 bucks says TS already has a new account cause he cant show his face around here anymore.
Last edited by Zugunruhe at Apr 5, 2008,
Quote by Asthia
Invest in some Terry S. Taylor : )

First thing I thought of (from Arrested Development):

Michael: My son expresses himself just fine. Isn’t that right, son?

George Michael: What? Yeah... fine. Uh, yes, I don’t care. What’s up?

Tobias: Yes, he’s a regular Freddie Wilson, that one.

Michael: I don’t know that reference.

Lindsay: I don’t either.

Tobias: I don’t know either.

Narrator: It’s this guy.
Quote by Supples
It was just a quick jam guys.

Ah, so Mr. Supples-dousche-bag wants to be a professional recording musician? Over our last thread, you mock my beliefs-I'll mock your dreams :]

Well, put out something worth listening to-go ahead, give us something more than "It was just a quick jam guys."

And please don't put out songs with just 3 power chords. That doesn't qualify as substantial guitar skill.
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -
roflmao
silverchair jumped in the mainstream very soon because they won a very known australian competition and they weren't 12 they were 15.
If you see a poor child, don't give a fish, give him a guitar.
Last edited by StratoWizard at Apr 5, 2008,
whats up with the "hmm, hmm ii hmm" stuff? and also, when the electric came in, I lolled. Good joke, obviously...it was a joke right?
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
1. Get some talent.
2. Get a reasonably original sound.
3. Write good songs. (and I can't stress this enough)
4. Get some good recordings.
5. Send off a demo.

Admittedly, I'm signed to a very small indie label, but still- I'm probably in a better position to give advice than most people in this thread.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Look, I'll give you some serious advice without having heard a thing.

1. Practice a lot
2. Write many songs
3. Get decent demos of songs
4. Play gigs everywhere
5. Support the local hero bands and do a good job of it
6. Don't ask UG about getting signed to a label, ask people who have been signed
learn to spell label

and record some songs, put them on myspace, then advertise your band through as many sites as possible. do some local gigs, get noticed
HAHA UBER FAIL!!!

Quote by Supples

Never in my life =)

This must be some sort of joke, seriously....
----
You simply click your heels together three times.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
I'm pretty sure the TS is laughing his ass off at how many people are actually taking his joke seriously. The song was practically a screamer with how loud the electric was when it came in.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
I'm pretty sure the TS is laughing his ass off at how many people are actually taking his joke seriously. The song was practically a screamer with how loud the electric was when it came in.
yea, but on the off chance that hes just a total failure....

....priceless.
Quote by Zugunruhe
yea, but on the off chance that hes just a total failure....

....priceless.

yes, but only a complete idiot would think this was serious, which is why the TS is laughing his ass off. It's like the pit's gotten rusty or something, being fooled by a bit of bad spelling and child-like naivety.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
yes, but only a complete idiot would think this was serious, which is why the TS is laughing his ass off. It's like the pit's gotten rusty or something, being fooled by a bit of bad spelling and child-like naivety.
see, the thing is that he hasnt encouraged it at all. i think a real troll would be in the thread trying to egg us on. he just dropped out of it. and hes still on the board. hes embarrassed.
Page 1 of 2