Hello i am going to buy a new guitar but what should i do should i buy a lets say 200 dollar guitar and put some emg 81 85 on it or buy a 400 dollar guitar with normal pickups? how much a pickup chance the guitar? need some answers what would be a best cheap alternative for emgs?
Last edited by blind.quardian at Apr 5, 2008,
How would it suit on a Ibanez RG370DX and btw is this ibanez too bad? i've heard bad things about the bridge is it THAT bad? most of the mid-price ibanez use this bridge so it can't be that bad
buy the best guitar you can afford. everything will be a little better on it and worth keeping.

otherwise it's like buying a junk car and putting $3000 rims on it
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
and what could it be in the price-range of rg370dx? i dont want to have stupid problems like edge pro 3 i want a good and complete guitar i will play thrash mostly... I live in turkey so not all brands are here... or should i save more to buy a second hand japan ibanez? can i get the thrash metal sound from japan ibanezs? like rg1570 etc...
Yes. Also what kind of sounds i can get from an ibanez rg1570? can i get good metal sounds as well as other sounds? for me metal sound is more important but i would also like to play some rock and blues
I would suggest an Ibanez RG321MH if you don't need a floyd rose as it has a mahogany body while many other cheaper ibanez models are made from cheap basswood so the 321 will sound better.
if you have a tube amp, the EMG's will sound good for metal tone. if you're playing on a piece of junk solid state amp, don't bother. just concern yourself with getting a new amp.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Why tube amp? they are quite expensive what models can you advice? and for good distortion and clean sounds do i really need a tube amp?
and also is an Ibanez S520EX better than a RG1570 for playing metal mostly? or japanese ibanez kicks all their ass?
I have an ibanez 10 watt but will change it with something like a Roland im just asking about the guitar now...
GIven your amp you don't need to be worrying about pickups at all for the time being. Suffice to say your current amp, and probably your next one too, aren't going to benefit from active pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
So if i just buy a Japanese Ibanez and a Roland Cube or maybe a Ibanez 15 watt would be enough? maybe a pedal later
Well, as much as I love good tube amps and 'diss all other, it really depends on what you need it for.

If you're going to play shows, then a tube amp will sound and "feel" better when you're playing it. No doubt.

If you're at the stage where you just want a good sound for yourself, mainly for practicing, then you don't really need a tube amp. Don't get the cheapest either, but get the best you can afford at this point.

Also, Ibanez guitars are pretty decent in general. A mid-level Ibanez and above is a decent guitar you can play for a long time on and update as needed.

Note: If all you need are good sounds in your head or to record, you may even want to consider a Line 6 Pod or something. Lots of different, decent tones, and very versatile to record things with.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
I will just play at home and i may buy a Ibanez RG1570 but i will play any kind of metal with it and other things is it possible? it has a basswood body if i change the pickups would it be the guitar i want? i dont like the other brands within the price range and also for the amp i just want something that is just good enough for a rg1570
Quote by steven seagull
GIven your amp you don't need to be worrying about pickups at all for the time being. Suffice to say your current amp, and probably your next one too, aren't going to benefit from active pickups.

true, although it can clear up lower tunings quite a bit, but if you do get a good amp it will sound better reguardless of your pickup, and will still sound better than if you get better pickups, but when you get them when you have a nice amp you really can tell the difference. Yet again, you can't really get a great amp to cheaply

In all seriousness you have an Ibanez 10 amp, no different than a Fender 15, get a pedal and an cheap danelectro EQ, you should be able to get a pretty decent sound thats clear and sounds pretty close to the real thing, just at low volumes, yes its not as wicked sounding and awsome but least you can play with it, personally you need to learn how to make amps sound good, so learn with what you have, I did change my bridge pickup to a Seymoud Duncan SH-6, and it helped alot, but still nothing super special, I mean a Ibanez 10 is an Ibanez 10 amp lol,

Active pickups are not everything they are said to be either

thats why I have a Peavey XXX with messa tubes and Maxon OD-808
Last edited by xWhitechapelx at Apr 6, 2008,
Quote by Ghold125
why do you keep on insisting you need new pick ups?

He doesn't need them at all, he just WANTS new pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com