I'm going to buy a gibson Les Paul, but i can't really decide which model...
please post your advice on the model, color...etc...
yeah i kinda settled on the standart already, but the color is what rips me in two: black looks classy, but cherry sunburst is like THE les paul color and then the tobacco burst is super sweat

it's not that the color is so important, but for the price of a gibson i bloody want somthing i can stare at without my eyes hurting!
damn you for going with the standard. i would have chosen the custom in alpine white
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Gibson Les Paul Standard, heritage cherry burst and 50's style neck. best guitar ever. or if u play very heavy music buy a les paul custom and fit it with EMG's. customs handle EMG's well
anything except for the special and the studio
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
I'd prefer a PRS single cut. But hey, maybe a Les Paul standard or something.
well for the music i mostly play hard rock (Queen, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Def Leppard, Ramones...)
get a les paul custom in arctic white with gold hardware
or if you want something different theres zakk wyldes buzzsaw/bullseye custom which looks pretty sick..
Quote by ultimate_syn
get a les paul custom in arctic white with gold hardware

yeah thats what i meant im pretty sure its alpine white, but same difference. the gold hardware looks amazing
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
How about - get whatever you like best?
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by diditfortehlulz
How about - get whatever you like best?

well i just wanna hear a few opinions before i buy it, i don't want to say later on that guy was right when he said get the other model! it's a big sum of money and i don't want to regret it later!
Quote by jimmypopali
well i just wanna hear a few opinions before i buy it, i don't want to say later on that guy was right when he said get the other model! it's a big sum of money and i don't want to regret it later!

Well you won't regret it if you like the guitar right? If you try something out and like it, you'll never make a wrong choice.

I say for the price you might pay, you should just get one made for you by a luthier or something. You'll be getting a quality instrument and it might even be cheaper too.

If you're really hung up on Gibsons, buy the Custom Shop ones. The production model Les Pauls aren't too great for what they are.

The only thing worth anything on the standard line right now is a '61 Reissue.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I say get the Honey Burst standard!

Just looks great to me, best looking.

But if you plan to buy it from a local music store, go there and try out the les paul standards, and pick the ones that appeal to you the best, that are also comfortable.
Well for you music, I think a Classic or a Classic Custom would really suit you best.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by WiNteRls
Standard
Desert burst *Google eyes*

+1 on the Desert Burst, also Iced Tea looks amazing

Also, the pictures on MF are a poor representation of what the colors look like in real life. I suggest using Google to see better pictures of the colors.