Jcore44
>=[
243 IQ
Hi guys, I've been playing for a few weeks now and I don't know much, but here's a quick solo type thing I made up while I was mucking around. Tell me what you think.

e----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G----------------------------------------------------------------------5---7---7b---7p5----------
D----------------------------5-------5---7---7b---7---5-------5--------------------------7-----
A-------------------5---7-------7---------------------------7--------------------------------------
E----------5---8------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legend:
b - string bend
p - pull-off
A U S S I E
dgme92
A pretty butterfly.
685 IQ
Good to see you're using your scales, good work, keep it up!
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Jaysifer
UG's Street Fighter Nut
69 IQ
nice

I like the inclusion of the note bends. what sort of speed are you playing it at?
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
Jcore44
>=[
243 IQ
Yeah it's A pentatonic, but I don't think it's got the right notes... But it sounds kinda cool anyway, and I made it on an acoustic, I don't own an electric. So yeah =P Hmm I don't know how to work out how fast it should be played, just whatever sounds best I guess, not too slow, not too fast.
A U S S I E
wirehead
10 IQ
It, sounds really good when you play it....good job.
Last edited by wirehead at Apr 5, 2008,
Jcore44
>=[
243 IQ
I changed it around a little and added a bit on. It could be a complete solo now I guess. My first one ever

e------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G--------------------------------------------------------------------5---7---7b(8)---7b(8)---7b(8)
D-----------------------5-------5---7---7b(8)---7---5-------5-------------------------------------
A--------------5---7-------7-------------------------------7-----------------------------------------
E-----5---8-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(contiues)
e----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G----------7p5------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-----------------7~~~------------5-------------------------------------------------------------
A----------------------------5---7------7~~~----------------------------------------------------
E----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
I changed the bends so you know how far to go, thanks to Avedas for teaching me that. I put only half step because when I play it, I don't really bend it that far at all. Plus I'm a noob
A U S S I E
Last edited by Jcore44 at Apr 6, 2008,
Colgate Total
I <3 drugs
2,211 IQ
You know I wrote the exact same thing, only a step higher (two frets, whatev).
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Avedas
yoloswag420
673 IQ
^lolowned.

Nice lick. Although one thing you may want to look out for is when tabbing a bend, put what pitch you're bending to. For example:

--------------
--------------
---10b(12)----
--------------
--------------
--------------

Bending a Full Step.

--------------
--------------
---10b(11)----
--------------
--------------
--------------

Bending a Half Step.
Jcore44
>=[
243 IQ
Oh okay, I didn't know that, but now I do. Okay well it's a half step.

Yeah shut up Colgate, you so did not write the exact same thing.
A U S S I E
Colgate Total
I <3 drugs
2,211 IQ
Quote by Jcore44
Oh okay, I didn't know that, but now I do. Okay well it's a half step.

Yeah shut up Colgate, you so did not write the exact same thing.

Well it wasn't note for note, I think I had about one less bend, and maybe a bit more hammer ons, but it was pretty damned close.

I'm not trying to offend you, or insult you, mang. You know, it's a great scale you used, one of my favourites too.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
jtmj121
132 IQ
i like the sound of it... played it kinda slow gave a bluesy feel
Jcore44
>=[
243 IQ
Quote by Colgate Total

Well it wasn't note for note, I think I had about one less bend, and maybe a bit more hammer ons, but it was pretty damned close.

I'm not trying to offend you, or insult you, mang. You know, it's a great scale you used, one of my favourites too.

I know

It's like the most common to solo with I guess...

Sorry for ripping on you in the pit the other day
A U S S I E