Hey all, ive been trying to play faster for weeks! i cant go any faster than i could almost two months ago, i play maybe 3 hours a day? i cant even play that fast!. its pissing me off! when i try go faster my left hand just stuffs up. But yet. i can tap faster with my left hand than i can pick? it makes no sense! how can i beat the mental block thats stopping me from going faster?
well id u wanted to play faster try practising a certain thing cos it does help if you play 50 different things in 1 hour
its not a mental block. your fingers just cant move fast enough, so you need to build the muscles which takes ages
what are you trying to play faster? is it a scale, a song or just random stuff? remember that most speed comes from muscle memory, meaning if your just playing randomly, then its not really going to do anything.

also . . . i'd advise playing better to playing faster

o, and dont try to practice too fast. i know it feels counter productive, but slowing the lick your learning right down every now and again and then speeding it up is usually a good thing.
Quote by azki
Hey all, ive been trying to play faster for weeks! i cant go any faster than i could almost two months ago, i play maybe 3 hours a day? i cant even play that fast!. its pissing me off! when i try go faster my left hand just stuffs up. But yet. i can tap faster with my left hand than i can pick? it makes no sense! how can i beat the mental block thats stopping me from going faster?

It's not a mental block, it's just a lack of ability.

You're not going to get a noticeable jump in speed over a couple of weeks, it takes years. Like everyone said, forget speed and concentrate on playing accurately - if you concentrate on playing cleanly then speed develops naturally over time. you can't force it, if you consciously try and play faster you'll either screw up or settle for playing crap.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hmm it doesnt make sense to me still lol, then again i have only been playing for 2 years. oh well. trying to sink some satriani.. soo hard... arghhh
What's not to make sense?

If you want to be able to play something properly at a certain speed you've got to first master it at a much slower speed and then all the speeds inbetween.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
What's not to make sense?

If you want to be able to play something properly at a certain speed you've got to first master it at a much slower speed and then all the speeds inbetween.

Yeah. Otherwise you'll end up like hermin li.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you