Hi,

Im looking into buying a Marshall valvestate VS102R secondhand and wanted to see the general opinion of this model.

Any input is appreciated.

thanks

Lee
In my experience (I have a 8100 halfstack and VS65R combo) and they are great at low volumes. Turn it up or play live and they pretty much suck.
Good for room practice tho.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Ventor
In my experience (I have a 8100 halfstack and VS65R combo) and they are great at low volumes. Turn it up or play live and they pretty much suck.

+1

There a good practice amp i had the Vs100 combo for a bit. But like stated above after 5 they wig out a bit. The band i tech for use 2 VS100 Heads and a fullstack then mic them up to the pa system so they still get the job done. But if there isnt a pa available your out of luck.
Fyi, here's me playing a Marshall 8100 halfstack with a crappy guitar on fairly loud volumes. It doesn't sound all bad IMO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-7gi07tnLk
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Ventor

I've got the Vs30r combo; it sounds good at low volume, but is not great above about 5.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.