Yeah, so pretty much what it says in the title. I got the "Heima" DVD and documentary thing for christmas and i really like their music. I really like alternative/ indie type music, but sigur ros is probably the least mainstream/accessable band in the category that ive tried to get into so far so if you could let me know which album is probably the most accessable for a newb like me that would be great. thanks in advance
takk
'59 Bassman Reissue
Custom Strat
Custom McCarty
Custom OM
Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Wah
sigur ros is one of my favorite groups, and i recommend ( ) as an intro. keep listening...youll be amazed how it will grow on you
whats wrong with takk? which one probably is the most accessable in terms of having more conventional rock/ electric guitar sounds? and if takk is the worst one but the most accessable, do you think someone who is new to the band would be better off with a worse but more accessable album to start off with? (like takk?)
Quote by starsnostars

i see you like a silver mt zion?

i don't think takk is awful at all. its not their best but its not terrible.

i still think the greatest sigur ros song is untitled 8
Agaetis plz
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
yeah ( ) is probably their best, takk was a bit too upbeat for my liking, still good though. also, staralfur off agaetis byrjun is phenomenal.
So..."Takk" after "( )" then?

I got the acoustic thing the other day from a mate...it's, er, interesting to say the least.

Stick to crazy string landscapes lads
I think they're all worth getting, to be honest. I got Takk... first but only really got into them when I got Agaetis Byrjun and (), and now they're one of my favourite bands. They all have their major plus points - Takk has Hoppipolla and Saeglopur, () has the immense rock-out at the end of Popplagid, Agaetis Byrjun has Staralfur, Ny Batteri, Vithrar Vel Til Loftarasa...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
agaetis agaetis agaetis agaetis

untitled 8 = agaetis > the rest of ( )
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
( ) is, in my opinion, their finest album, but I would definitely recommend takk to a new listener. Agaetis Byrjun is great too, but probably less accessible than takk. Having said that, I heard ( ) first.

I guess it depends how intimidated you are by listening to something entirely new.
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
they are one of my favorite bands to, i got into them with Takk
Member #? of theVIVA MEXICO CLUB

Beware of the Lawyer: the Dog is Harmless.