Monster cables are sweet in the fact that as long as the ends remain on them, if they're broken then Monster replaces them. Barring that, you only buy one cable et. all eternity. I recommend it
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Silverburst)
Marshall JCM 900 4100 Dual Reverb
  • (2) Vintage 30's
  • (2) G12H30's
  • X Pattern
Unless you're gigging, there's no point.

A new cable won't make a bad amp sound good either.
An ultra-high-quality cable is kind of silly when you think about all the cheap ****ty traces, jumpers, buffers and interconnects your signal is carried through.
i'm saying its worth it because of the guarantee it works forever or they replace it, the tone isn't something that's going to be affected in many levels... it's nice to know i buy one cable and it's going to work or else someone does something about it
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Silverburst)
Marshall JCM 900 4100 Dual Reverb
  • (2) Vintage 30's
  • (2) G12H30's
  • X Pattern
ye lifetime guarantee is pretty good. and afterall its just the same price as 10 beers at the pub ^^ ill think ill try it out
Quote by Jaekae
ye lifetime guarantee is pretty good. and afterall its just the same price as 10 beers at the pub ^^ ill think ill try it out

I'd take the 10 beers. Get yourself a decent cable, you don't need a super high range one.
Sometimes the high end cables are worth buying. The warranty is nice but would do me no good as I would have to send it back and wait for a new one as stores near me only sell cheap ones. But using a good cable to your peddles then using cheap jumpers and a cheap cable from peddles to amp is pointless. I went with mogami they are a little cheaper than monsters. I got tired of fixing my horizon cables all the time the 20 foot one was getting shorter and shorter.
ive got mine now and it was worth it

even for a half decent amp and guitar it was a big difference from my low quality cable.
the buzz noise has reduced. And its better bite and nicer distortion. cleaner sound
Last edited by Jaekae at Apr 8, 2008,