Hey, so i've been playing on a takemine acoustic for a few years now and thought i'd finally go and get an electric. I have around £500, and saw the epiphone sheraton II.
I *really* like the look of this guitar, but that's not everything is it?

Apparently, Matthew of Kings of Leon, a favourite band of mine, uses this guitar. I want to be able to play mostly 'modern rock' really. Would this guitar not be the best choice? Does anyone own one, or are there any better suggestions?

Cheers,
How much are planning on spending on an amp TS. Amp is more important for tone. No sense wasting a good guitar on a crappy amp. I've only heard good things about the sheraton. But bear in mind, semi-hollows dont like too much gain and are prone to feedback. Plus they arent incredibly versatile.
looks nice, it also looks like the guitar john lee hooker used to play and some other good blues guy
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
I've heard a lot of good things about the Les Paul-100
All your base are belong to us.
neither have I :P
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by beckyjc
How much are planning on spending on an amp TS. Amp is more important for tone. No sense wasting a good guitar on a crappy amp. I've only heard good things about the sheraton. But bear in mind, semi-hollows dont like too much gain and are prone to feedback. Plus they arent incredibly versatile.

not given it much thought to be honest, how much could you get a good amp for? witht he right amp could the sheraton II produce bluesy tones and some twang?

cheers
Of course it would.

Youll probably want to be spending at least a few hundred on a decent valve amp, but in an ideal world you should be spendning more than what you spent on guitar.

Laney VC15/30
Laney LC15/30
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Delta Blues
Traynor YCV20
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Blues Junior
Vox AC30
Laney L5T

etc. etc.