When i'm bending the G string my finger that i'm holding down the string with rolls over the D string. Is my D string too low or is it my technique??
im not exactly sure what you mean by roll over

however, it will likely be technique
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
It clashes with the D string and makes a noise. For example, when i bend at the 14th fret on the G string my bending finger clashes/rolls over the D string, sounding the note of the D string at the 14th fret. Not really sure how else best to describe it. I thought it might be that the D string was too low?
i dont understand why you finger makes contact with the D string at all
Definately something wierd in your technique as far as i figure it
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
no thats happened to me before i know what you mean dont worry xD

it could be technique (probably i have same type of technique =P ),
but it could also just be the D-string is too high off the fretboard possibly? but if i lower mine i get awful string buzz, so i just use one of my other fingers to mute the d-string whilst i bend the g-string

hope that helps =]
Happy birthday Slash
Quote by Shred-Hed
What do you think the odds are that he'll read this...?

Quote by TJ1991
A lot higher than Chinese Democracy ever being released.
I use my fingertips when bending so i don't think its that but i will look at it. I do use 11's so i might try changing down to 10's. The strings are also quite low.
yeh is probably me not using as much of my fingertip/s as i should lol =P
Happy birthday Slash
Quote by Shred-Hed
What do you think the odds are that he'll read this...?

Quote by TJ1991
A lot higher than Chinese Democracy ever being released.
i have this problem too.
no the G string, i can bend townards, theres enough freboard room to.. but if im doing a full bend on the B or E string... i have to push upwards to get that full bend....
only my finger/finger nail will touch that string right below it (B string bend, finger will tough the G string)
should i try to only use my middle and ring finger to do bends, and mute all the other strings with my index finger? (kind of laying it over all of them vertically)

also, do you guys have any links on how to do a proper bend? ... holding my hand straight up and down seems a bit tough on the fingers.

by the way, all you people that said something to the effect of "don't bend it so much" or "i dont understand why your finger makes contact with another string".... ure retarded, go take a long walk off a short pier.
Quote by pielover375
don't bend it so far

It'd sound out of tune if he didn't bend it that far.