Is it possible for me to have one of my backup guitars intonated for D# AND C tuning? I play alot of System of a Down, and I was curious to see if I can get the guitar set up to handle both these tunings without causing problems with the neck or truss rod. So if anyone has any idea, I'd love to hear from you.
Absolutely. If you use suitably gauged strings there should be minimal truss adjustment needed. Intonation will need to be checked but should be within the limits of the bridge, so give it a go by all means. Obviously you'll have to compromise a little but it shouldn't be enough to worry - I find intonation is less apparent with lower tension strings anyway.
what you could do, is keep it in drop C, and just capo the 1st fret for D#.
Quote by jimRH7
what you could do, is keep it in drop C, and just capo the 1st fret for D#.

...Actually, that's not a bad idea...I tend to get confused slightly with the capo, having to play everything a note up. But now that you mention it, I need a new capo. Time to go to the music store.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
...Actually, that's not a bad idea...I tend to get confused slightly with the capo, having to play everything a note up. But now that you mention it, I need a new capo. Time to go to the music store.

As I mentioned, I went to the music store and here's what went down:

Gave him the guitar and he said I wouldn't need any intonation adujustments; just a heavier gauge of strings. So he's keeping it there, fixing the faulty pickup and throwing some GHS Boomers (.10-.48) on there. Does this seem right? I mean, obviosuly he must know what he's doing...I just thought I'd need some sort of truss rod adjustment.
Tens seem a bit on the light side...11s or 12s at least for drop C, depending on your guitar's scale length. A truss adjustment might be necessary, due to the reduction in tension. The idea of using heavy strings is to balance that tension (and also to stop the low E flopping around everywhere)
Well, the guitar is an Ibanez Gio, which I think has a 25.5 scale. Plus, he said if I wanted to slap .11's on it, that the guitar would need an entirely new setup, as he had to widen the nut slots. Well, I didn't have to pay yet, so when I go to get it, I can always see how it plays or if anything's wrong with it, and if I dislike it, I'll just get him to fix it again.