Hey i just upgraded from a solid state and got a Peavey Valve King 112,problem is can i still use my distortion pedals( DS-1,Metal Zone,Blues Driver). The amp Itself has alot of gain and i just thought about getting a Overdrive.What you guys think?Help please,cause if i dont need those pedals im gonna sell em to a friend.
Quote by rockallstar
Hey i just upgraded from a solid state and got a Peavey Valve King 112,problem is can i still use my distortion pedals( DS-1,Metal Zone,Blues Driver). The amp Itself has alot of gain and i just thought about getting a Overdrive.What you guys think?Help please,cause if i dont need those pedals im gonna sell em to a friend.

I'd just get a tubescreamer. Sell them.
what sort of tones are you looking for?

the blues driver is an overdrive pedal isn't it?

an overdrive will usually be more than enough for what you're looking for if you're using it with an already distored tube amp.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
You can still use your pedals. Play around with them, I would personally dump the ds-1 and the metal zone depending on what you play. I use my blues drive to push the amp a little when i need. For example I will have the gain very low on the blues drive but bump the volume and when i step it on i push the amp. That is the thing with tube amps, you get that tone through the amp not the pedal. Hopefully that helps
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
I think the blues driver is a overdrive,but if you need it heavyer sell them and buy ts7 or ts9 tubescreamer, the mt-2 will sound like **** through tube amps
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Excellent ,thanks guys,i posted this question on some other guitar site and they still havent answered its been like 4 days,you guys ROCK!!!!
i've also heard good things about the keeley modded SD-1 overdrives.
never played one though.
UG is the biggest and the best

The DS-1 is an alright pedal, so you could keep that. Steve Vai uses one, albeit with $10,000 of other equipment.
so using a Distrotion pedal(DS-1)would be ok for a tube amp? It sounds a little muddy.
steve vai uses the keeley modded DS-1 i believe.
you can send yours in for $75 and get it modded.
id sell everything except the blues driver
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
You can use any of those pedals as a boost.

DS-1:

Tone - Set to taste
Level - Anywhere from 3 o'clock to max
Gain - Set it at zero and slightly turn it up to taste

Blues Driver:

First of all, it is an OD pedal.

Tone - Set to taste
Level - Max
Gain - Set to zero and slightly turn up to taste

Metal Zone:

EQ's - Set them all to 12 o'clock
Level - 3 o'clock or higher
Gain - Zero, you can turn it up a bit, but don't add too much.

While you're playing, fine tune the EQ's on the Metal Zone to fine tune your overall sound.
Like others have said use the blues driver. Also, some people like the sound of ds-1s, so you may want to keep it. Overdrive pedals are generally used for boosting so turn the level on pedal way up and the gain all the way down. Also, if you ever play modernish metal you may want to keep the mt2, its not a great sounding pedal, but the valveking wont touch metal, even boosted. Its just not voiced for a modern metal sound.
Quote by rockallstar
Sorry,I play rock ,..Guns n roses,AC DC,Black Label Society.etc.

If that's what you play, stop listening to all of these fools, sells all your distortion pedals, and buy an EQ. You don't need a wall of gain for ****ing GNR.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by HavokStrife
If that's what you play, stop listening to all of these fools, sells all your distortion pedals, and buy an EQ. You don't need a wall of gain for ****ing GNR.

Tons of people use overdrives for classic rock you tool. Just because your "boosting" your amp doesnt mean your putting it into high gain. You can overdrive your amp with a pedal and not crank it to kill your ears. Not the same as cranking a amp, but sometimes better than your amps regular gain.
The Metalzone sounds like a tin can. The DS-1 is cool sometimes, if you can find a use for it. I haven't played the blues driver.

Buy a tube screamer and an EQ to get control over your tone and to shape it.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch