Okay so I wrote some lyrics like a super long time ago and I forgot I ever even wrote them. It was about how bad some people's mothers can be but it wasn't based on any personal experiences or anything, it was just about other people and their experiences. So my mom found it and read it and now she thinks I hate her and she won't talk to me. I keep telling her that it's not about her but she won't listen. Any (serious) thoughts on this?
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
add some music to it and play it for her

maybe that will calm her down
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
I can see why she's angry. She's raised you all your life, cared for you and fed you, and then she finds lyrics describing how crap mothers can be. Way to go.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I don't get it. Are you surprised or something? How should she be acting?
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
lol, my mum found a story I wrote about a family that was terrorised by an alcoholic mother...

I told her it was based on her, then we all lol'd

I don't know why everyone takes things so seriously, your mum is silly.

AND SO ARE YOU

lul
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
ha thats like the one song i wrote and my parents thought it was like a suicide note
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
dropkick her. its the only way.

or write her a song about how great mothers can be
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
You live under her roof. She supports your music (probably drove you to music stores, helped pay for lessons, helped you buy a guitar), and she finds something that makes her think you hate her. Because you still live at home, she is NOT overreacting. If you don't like how she's acting, move out. If you want to make her feel better, write an entire song about her. Write an acoustic riff, and sing it for her.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
You're all so touchy feely... it's weird :S

What ever happened to never letting on how you feel ever?

Weirdos...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
This is why expressing yourself through music is sometimes better than expressing yourself through words. Just try and convince her.
Quote by meh!

Weirdos...

Yup. The only heart one should ever have on their sleeve is the one that spills out of the deer's body when you hunt it in a manly way.
I dont think she is overreacting. you should write an entire song about her
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
Quote by Jacob6293
my mom is overreacting reacting like any mom would in this situation.
*fixed*
Quote by Jacob6293
Okay so I wrote some lyrics like a super long time ago and I forgot I ever even wrote them. It was about how bad some people's mothers can be but it wasn't based on any personal experiences or anything, it was just about other people and their experiences. So my mom found it and read it and now she thinks I hate her and she won't talk to me. I keep telling her that it's not about her but she won't listen. Any (serious) thoughts on this?

I'm not convinced, and your mom no doubt knows you better than I do.
Just admit that you were angry with her at the time you wrote them. (if that's the way it was.)
Moms have built-in bullshit detectors. Don't bother trying to beat them.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Yup. The only heart one should ever have on their sleeve is the one that spills out of the deer's body when you hunt it in a manly way.

even then, a real man eats the heart before it goes cold.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Just admit that you were angry with her at the time you wrote them. (if that's the way it was.)
Moms have built-in bullshit detectors. Don't bother trying to beat them.

this is the most useful thing you will read in this thread.

they do have them.

they use them all the time.

you must learn to fear them.

because we ALL fear them.

nothing on the face of this earth is as scary as a disappointed mother.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Mother finds ****ed-up lyrics...been their my friend.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Reminds me of that Everybody Loves Raymond episode where his mother finds his teenage diary and refuses to talk to him. Anyway, your mother obviously doesn't know much about poetry. Just talk with her about it.
Quote by meh!

Weirdos...

Clearly these people arent real men. Real men bottle feelings up and act like everythings cool, even if the ****s hit the fan.

PSN ID: ArranP
she's just like every other mother on the face of the earth. unfortunately, she may not listen if you try to explain stuff so it will more than likely just take time. how much time depends on your mom.
Quote by Jacob6293

Lol

I might start doing this and leaving them around the house
If you seriously didn't write them about her then yes, she is overreacting.

If you did write them about her then yeah she has a right to be upset, but not talking to you is pretty dumb. Kinda childish.
"They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion." - Ginger Baker

Quote by alexlemon2
I've been here long enough, and nobody knows who teh fudge I am

I cry at night

Nope,

But she is overeacting..........
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
The real question here is: why did you write a song about moms? Seriously, all the things you could write about and you picked moms? Not even your own, but other people's?
Also, she's not overreacting. She's being immature by not talking to you, but not overreacting.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred