the hole where the screw that goes into the guitar is stripped
wat should i do?

are there any specific procucts i should use to fill it?
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
i had the same problem. break of a part of a matchstick in the hole so it's not sticking out, and then put the screw back it. my dad put in a longer screw, too, but i don't know if you can find one that fits the strap button.
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
yeah ive got that with my gibson
the bridge knob for the stap is stripped and now i cant play my gibson live
its a real b_tch
the hole where the screw that goes into the guitar is stripped
wat should i do?

are there any specific procucts i should use to fill it?

I think you should get it fixed by someones whos qualified to fix guitars.I dont mean this as a dig at you but if you intend to play live its the safest bet.Its realy quite horrible when your strap breaks mid song.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Take a toothpick that will fit in the hole, but before you put it in put wood glue on it, stick it in the hole, and snap the toothpick so nothing is sticking past the hole. Then tighten the screw in.
you could just drill out the hole of the actual lock so itll take a bigger screw, then use a bigger screw. go slow, but press hard itll thread itself.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Quote by AthenasGhost
Take a toothpick that will fit in the hole, but before you put it in put wood glue on it, stick it in the hole, and snap the toothpick so nothing is sticking past the hole. Then tighten the screw in.

sounds good thanks

wouldnt wood filler do the job tho?

▼ but he is ▼
I'm not sure I would trust wood filler. I think the tooth pick idea is better, or you could do the best thing, and drill out the hole and glue a dowl rod in it. When it dries then you just put the screw in to the dowl. I did it to mine and haven't had any problems since.
Guitars-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Dean Evo XM with EMG 81/85
Epiphone Stratocaster
Eastman AC120 Dreadnought
Martin Backpacker
Squire P-Bass
Kala Mahogany Tenor Ukulele
Quote by Bandrew
I'm not sure I would trust wood filler. I think the tooth pick idea is better, or you could do the best thing, and drill out the hole and glue a dowl rod in it. When it dries then you just put the screw in to the dowl. I did it to mine and haven't had any problems since.

how does that work?

edit;: nvm i gogled it
its dowel not dowl thanks
maybe ill pick one up at home depot this week

▼ but he is ▼