So my plan is to buy a guitar under 250$ to install a EMG 85/81 into. I am doing this to just add a different sounding guitar to the ones I already have. I play metal and blues-rock, and I am planning on using this guitar for during my heavy playing phases.

What would you recommend? Epiphone SG special 310? ESP Viper 50? Dean Mustaine VMNT? Jackson JS30RR? Ibanez GAX70?
You could get a Epiphone G-400 online for less than that.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Stay away from the LTD 50 series, they are really poor quality guitars along with the Ibanez GAX70, the higher end LTDs and Ibanez are great though.

There is an Epiphone g-400 with EMGs I reckon. And where did you see a VMNY for that low?
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Stay away from the LTD 50 series, they are really poor quality guitars along with the Ibanez GAX70, the higher end LTDs and Ibanez are great though.

There is an Epiphone g-400 with EMGs I reckon. And where did you see a VMNY for that low?

Dave has a low end signiture model. hte Jackson RRs are good guitars. Epi G400s would be best for blues rock.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by sum_ugly_man

What about the LTD 100 series? Also, how much higher price for quality Ibanez are we talking about?
wait?? you're planning on playing blues with emgs??

i'm not sure how well that will work...

for metal a epi lp or g400 gets my vote...

check craigslist or ebay for a used one, to keep your budget...
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.