After so much help from here, I finally bought a Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX Brand New. But, I took the risk of buying one from a store far from me and having them ship it. I did not try it because there is no where I can try one out since it is discontinued. From what I have heard, it is great for metal, and has decent cleans. But, will it decently do classic rock on the crunch channel? (Led Zeppelin, ACDC)
Quote by neon10th
After so much help from here, I finally bought a Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX Brand New. But, I took the risk of buying one from a store far from me and having them ship it. I did not try it because there is no where I can try one out since it is discontinued. From what I have heard, it is great for metal, and has decent cleans. But, will it decently do classic rock on the crunch channel? (Led Zeppelin, ACDC)

It should be ok for that kind of tone. I had a Peavey 5150 which for me was way too compressed. So I got a soldano instead.

For that AC/DC, Led Zeppelin sound really the only choice is a vintage Marshall.

Quote by neon10th

No offense or anything, but you're the one with the amp, give it a try yourself. The crunch channel should be able to handle classic rock, just don't go overboard with the gain.
Yeah your right, I should just try it out. I'm getting it on Monday anyway. Also, I don't use a lot of gain for classic rock at all. It sounds like crap.