Hey UG. I've been fine tuning my tone for a while now and I'm pretty sure it's close to what I want as the perfect tone. My only problem though is that my amp is really sensitive to how loud or soft I play a note, and sometimes it gets anoying when i'm in the middle of a solo and the bend I hit, or the trills I do come out very soft.

So, I think the final thing I need is a compressor. I've been looking at this pedal and I've heard good things about it. Now I'm not sceptical because I've already got my Tubescreamer off of this site and tbh, it is amazing. I'd like to know if anyone has used this compressor or just any compressor in general, and if it's the missing ingredient in my rig.

Thanks!
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
I was just reading about it a couple of minutes ago. It supposedly works very well, if that helps at all, and besides, its Keeley, nothing but top quality.

The compressors were the first pedals he started making by the way.
If your bends and trills are too quiet, your fingers aren't strong enough, using a compressor for that is cheating
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
^Well, I know that my fingers arent very strong (lol I use .008s), but if i solo on any of my other amps, nothing goes soft, only on my JCM.(?)
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
That seems weird. :s

A compressor can make a nice addition to a rig, anywho. I say go for it.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Does a compressor do anything else but keep the volume at steady level, like getting rid of unwanted feedback or something, because $250 seems a bit steep for just what I think it does.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by LightningRider
My only problem though is that my amp is really sensitive to how loud or soft I play a note

That's a very desired feature; and is part of what makes an amp good.
^Oh, without a doubt, especialy when I'm blues improvisng but I'm more or less improving my lead tone as my blues/clean tone is already ideal, and I don't find the high sensitivity to be desired for solos, but hey thats my opinion.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Last edited by LightningRider at Apr 5, 2008,