So I had been messing around with Hydrogen for a couple of weeks when I decided to try Beatcraft (free 7 day trial). Wow! A great improvement over Hydrogen IMO.

So, is it worth buying Beatcraft (only $40 after all), or is it better to save for a higher end program such as EZDrummer?

Thank,
Josh

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

^Read it a while ago.

I was more looking for people's opinions on whether it was worth upgrading or not.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

EZDrummer is the best drum program I have used so far. It would definately be worth the cost but it does depend on the type of music you record. For example, if you like to record rock or metal etc then EZDrummer would be for you since it sounds realistic..well, it is real, but you know what I mean.

If you intend to record..I dunno...hip hop or even pop then you're better with sticking to something less realistic.

Its all down to personal preference, some people prefer BFD to EZDrummer, some people prefer electronic sounding drums.

My advice would be to get a hold of EZDrummer(download it I mean) and see if you like it, if so, then buy it. If your're not into that then all I can suggest is doing more searching around and listen to alot of samples of different programs and see which you like.
Quote by Volta_91
So, is it worth buying Beatcraft (only $40 after all), or is it better to save for a higher end program such as EZDrummer?

Save up and go for EZDrummer or Addictive Drums. They'll go a long way and won't strain your hard drive space or RAM as much as BFD or DFH. From my experience I think either is a lot better than Acoustica Beatcraft.
Hydrogen is the best computer drum machine out there. It's cross-platform and completely free (libre!). You can install drum kits for it that emulate classic Roland TR-series analog machines, and that's what I want in a drum machine.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Hydrogen is the best computer drum machine out there. It's cross-platform and completely free (libre!). You can install drum kits for it that emulate classic Roland TR-series analog machines, and that's what I want in a drum machine.

can you trigger Hydrogen with a midi source?
such as my Roland TD6V module?

I've been thinking of saving up for Toontrack's latest Superior Drummer 2.0. It sounds amazing to my ear and I would trigger it with my drum module since I'm very bored with the bland sounds programmed into this module already.

Price is an issue right now though so if Hydrogen can do this for a while that would hold me over until I saved up enough.
Quote by moody07747
can you trigger Hydrogen with a midi source?
such as my Roland TD6V module?

When I still used a PC to record, Hydrogen could do exactly that. I used Linux, though, but I'm sure it has an equivalent feature in the Windows version.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation