right. have a squier strat which i love (my first guitar) but pickups just aren't up to my high-gain standards. i've taken everything off and had a good look inside, its definitely routed for H-S-H. i want to put an EMG 60 in the neck, EMG SA Singlecoil in the middle and a Seymour Duncan Blackout Metal in the bridge. First off, is this possible? Im also going to get a Fender Hardtail Bridge, so theyre's more room for the battery compartment underneath and cause i never use the tremolo anyway. also thinking about changing the plastic nut to a Fender Rollernut LSR. If anyone has any experience with anything i've just said, would love to hear from ya's.
Would it fit yes but be cheaper it seems to buy another guitar closer to your high gain needs. And why a roller nut if it wont have a wammy. Would need good tuners to. So as you can see this could get expensive fast.
yeah, just heard about the roller nuts a cupla days ago, seemed a good idea for changing tunings often, but i don't need to be upgrading everything. are there any passive pickups anyone can suggest, for a rock/hard rock tone?
i did the same thing just with a MIM strat... I opted not to go active though because i didnt want to cut out a chunk to fit a battery but if you can shove one where the trem went i say go for it.
What I play:
CustomShop '51 Nocaster Relic
'88 "C" neck Clapton Strat
'08 Strat HSH
Fender Princeton Recording Amp
Boss Micro-BR
Do it. I was thinking of doing this to mine, but with passives. And a Better trem instead of hardtail
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
It will be tight, but if you use cable ties and be sure to wrap up your wires, you could probably run it at 18volts if you wanted to.
now thinking about using seymour duncan hot rails in the bridge and neck and a vintage rails in the middle. less hassle and cheaper. but something i wanna try is to get two more volume pots and wire one up to each pup and forget about the tone controls, as i never use them. is this advisabe/possible?
Quote by fretburner2162
now thinking about using seymour duncan hot rails in the bridge and neck and a vintage rails in the middle. less hassle and cheaper. but something i wanna try is to get two more volume pots and wire one up to each pup and forget about the tone controls, as i never use them. is this advisabe/possible?

Since strats have three areas for pots, why not use three concentric pots? One for each pup.

http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/parts/parts.cfm?fuseaction=include_potentiometers
RIP Terry Kath (1978)