Ok guys im having to buy me some new strings...My stock strings finally wore out...I was looking at Ernie Ball Super Slinky because i have heard a lot of good things about them....u guys know of any better strings that have good tone to them...if so post here thanks.
I personally hate ernie ball strings. I strictly use Fender Super Bullets for my fenders and Gibson Vintage strings for my Gibson
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Slinkies are great, but I personally use DR.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
This is all opinion, just try whatever strings you want to, or that look interesting. Everyone has different taste in brand and thickness, I like D'Addario EXL's.
My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.
You are going to have to go on the quest all guitar players go on. The great string quest. Buy some and try em. Whats good for one person isnt the best for another. Ddarrios are good and can be gotten pretty cheap in bulk.
D'Addarios, for me (9-42s) have the better feel and playability. Just got some Dean Markley's and they're horrid. The high e sounds out really 'twangily' above the other's when doing chords, too.
D'Addario XLs
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
GHS Boomers, my favorite string
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by StiltonCheese
D'Addarios, for me (9-42s) have the better feel and playability. Just got some Dean Markley's and they're horrid. The high e sounds out really 'twangily' above the other's when doing chords, too.

As is the matter of opinion, I'll swear by Dean Markley Blue Steel strings
Since you've already mentioned Ernie Ball, go for them. But then next month, try a pack of D'Addarios. Month after that, DR. Then maybe GHS, then Rotosound, Dean Markley, Thomastik and so on.

Eventually you'll settle on a brand that you like. Personally I think Ernie Balls are crap - I use GHS Nickel Rockers or D'Addario XLs- but everyone has their own opinion as you can clearly see...you really need to find out for yourself.