Hi all who read this..

i bought a fender squire for my kids to learn on, well its ok for the oldest 12, but my middle demon, its to big, hes small for his age, any recomendations on a mini and he loves the metal sound thanks in advance
im thinking of an Jackson RR, cause they are really light and easy to play when standing but sitting down and playing is hard.

or maybe a crafter mini guitar
Cool, ill check those out, but the mini squier, havent heard to many good things bout those, but i do like the looks of the ibanez..
I just saw an Ibanez Micro at the store I visited no more than half an hour ago. I asked the guy there about it and he said they were really good for small hands and kids, so...I mean, if he likes the metal sound, I think Ibanez is going to beat out Fender/Squier.
I have considerable experience of 'smaller' guitars, as all children have at some stage expressed an inberest in playing and were instantly defeated by the dimensions of full-sized instruments.

Having sat and thought about the instruments I bought them, I have had five electric and two acoustic. All the electrics were without question impossible to keep in any sort of stable tuning and had to be kept 1.5 - 2 complete steps above concert pitch. Even then, any bends or moderate power chord work and they were out of tune in literally a few seconds.

Don't consider anything 'cheap', the more you pay, the better the stability of the instrument - of course this may seem obvious, but a child will be put off far quicker if you have to keep re-tuning.

In the end, the only one that carried on playing settled for my Traveler
Speedster and it is never out of her sight;

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Traveler-Speedster-Travel-Electric-Guitar-102298775-i1150118.gc
That's sensible advice, if you start off young with a poor instrument, it'll take masses of willpower to stick with it. I can't offer up any further suggestions, except perhaps to ensure you use light strings and a fairly low action, at least at first. Perhaps tune down half a step too.
Quote by hunterd_67
Cool, ill check those out, but the mini squier, havent heard to many good things bout those, but i do like the looks of the ibanez..

I don't think you have to worry about how good the tone is. Just think of it this way if he/she starts on a "crappy" guitar then he/she will love you once they get their nice guitar. Plus he/she will appreciate it more.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
i dont know the price but i know ESP has a KH-Junior which is 3/4 scale of the original. i know other companies make guitars that are designed to fit on planes or travel that are rather small. i think those would be more fitting
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
If you can't find a decent mini guitar, you could try getting him a standard guitar with a short (gibson length or less if you can find one) scale, get it set up with low action, light strings and possibly a half-step down. This should make it really easy to play, and or course you should try to find one with a moderate fretboard radius and a neck that's not too wide or fat.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
try one of those Dean Lightning bolt guitars that are supposedly 3/4 size
there cool its worth a try if he likes metal sound
if money is no object and you're willing to spend endless amounts of money for your children you could order a custom guitar thats a shorter scale and have it made with small frets... or you could go to like Target or Toys 'R' Us and get one of those First Act acoustic guitars that're made for like little kids. they're only $30 and come with like a little book of chords and such. I was on a trip with some friends over the summer and missed my guitars so i bought one haha they kinda fun to play
"Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?" - Jack Black

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

my dick is generally better than yours, and is more pleasing to look at and hold.
your dick understands and accepts this, and is willing to just move on.
Thanks, I dont want to spend alot on 1, just incase its just a pase he's going thru, I went down to the local shop, they have a washburn mini, for 149.00 didnt seem to bad.