I find the modern rock forum to be unusual because most of the bands mentioned are alternative rock and i would them in the indie/alternative forum.

I.e. Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, AIC, Faith no more, Mr Bungle definitely shouldn't be here.

Like why is Muse here in Modern Rock, while Radiohead who they are meant to be like is in indie/alternative? It doesn't make sense.
idk does it really matter? i gess that would mean u could put every single band in another topic so i think this is ment to just be modern rock in general no matter wat genre
Quote by str84ever
I find the modern rock forum to be unusual because most of the bands mentioned are alternative rock and i would them in the indie/alternative forum.

I.e. Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, AIC, Faith no more, Mr Bungle definitely shouldn't be here.

Like why is Muse here in Modern Rock, while Radiohead who they are meant to be like is in indie/alternative? It doesn't make sense.

Alternative; Sub Genre of Rock.

The bands mentioned are Modern. They are rock. They have more true 'rock' elements than alternative one's such as experimental elements hence why Radiohead are in the alternative and indie thread. Radiohead are also independent.
How do you define Alternative? Surely that's anything that's not typical mainstrem music. Therefore you could theoretically count loads of jazz and folk musicians, no?
Quote by str84ever

I agree that Radiohead is kinda out of place there, but I think Muse belongs in Mod Rock.
Alt is more like REM, Radiohead, DMB, Cory Smith, Jack Johnson. Soundgarden, FNM, PJ, Nirvana, 311, RHCP and all the ones we talk about here are Mod Rock because they took the sound of rock before them and Modernized it. Hense the the name Modern Rock.
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
Alternative; Sub Genre of Rock.

The bands mentioned are Modern. They are rock. They have more true 'rock' elements than alternative one's such as experimental elements hence why Radiohead are in the alternative and indie thread. Radiohead are also independent.

Mr.Bungle should definitely not be here then lol.