Page 1 of 2
As far as mixing and mastering goes, I would have to say Billy Talent's first album (haven't listened to the second). It's a total victim of the loudness war, everything is clipping.

What are the pit's thoughts?
Quote by TastyMooglePie
Rape everyone involved: the girlfriend, the mom, the dad, and throw in the dog for good measure.

Quote by Prankster1990
NoFX_Fan182 is awesome mkay. He just rocks my socks
Quote by sashki
On "Surfing with the Alien", it's mostly good, but the guitar sound is kinda thin and annoying.

Same applies to "Sultans of Swing". It's so quiet and thin.

Haha...damn was gonna say that!

Electric Lady Land sounds kinda weird, maybe its just me?
Quote by matt bickerton
First White Stripes album is pretty crappy quality....

It's meant to sound that way. Low-fi is just their style ^^
Kill 'Em All, the guitar is too thin, you can hear the bass, but you can't feel it, and the drums are mic'd terribly. Not to mention James' voice seemed to fluctuate in volume in some parts.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
Kill 'Em All, the guitar is too thin, you can hear the bass, but you can't feel it, and the drums are mic'd terribly. Not to mention James' voice seemed to fluctuate in volume in some parts.

+1
Also Blink 182's Cheshire Cat album. Terrible sound. Piercing guitars, bass lacks low end, cheap-sounding drums.

But it was recorded on a 4-track in someone's bedroom, so what can you expect?

Don't diss Blink 182 for no reason. This is about engineering and production, not about the superiority of your musical tastes to mine.
Most early megadeth albums before Dave went back and remixed them. the rythm guitar and bass drowned out everything. But after he remixed them it was good. So Far So good so what was the worst, everything about the production of the album was bad. And of course St. Anger.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by sashki
Also Blink 182's Cheshire Cat album. Terrible sound. Piercing guitars, bass lacks low end, cheap-sounding drums.

Don't diss Blink 182 for no reason. This is about engineering and production, not about the superiority of your musical tastes to mine.

I loved that album. Wasn't it Flyswatter that was recorded in Scott's room? I thought Cheshire Cat was in some small studio?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by MyGuitarAndMe
as blood runs black's - alliegiance

awsome music, horrible sound on some tracks

really? i thought it sounds awesome, especially the drums

i think bring me the horizons count your blessing is annoying to listen to, the bass drum isnt clicky enough for deathcore
Quote by sashki

I agree, but Cheshire Cat was recorded in a studio, just not much time was put into the engineering. I think your thinking of the Flyswatter tape.

EDIT: See, the guy above thinks the same thing

Also, I think Buddha was done in Mark's room but don't quote me on that.
Quote by TastyMooglePie
Rape everyone involved: the girlfriend, the mom, the dad, and throw in the dog for good measure.

Quote by Prankster1990
NoFX_Fan182 is awesome mkay. He just rocks my socks
*In before St Anger*

St Anger

*out after St Anger*
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
St. Anger. Not too bad but the drums sound like ****
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Niandra Ladies and Usually Just A T-Shirt by John Frusciante was recorded on an old 4 track and doesn't sound great. But it is one of my favourite albums of all time its so amazing
Quote by Colgate Total
I loved that album. Wasn't it Flyswatter that was recorded in Scott's room? I thought Cheshire Cat was in some small studio?

Yeah, you're right. But it is badly produced. There's feedback all the time, and the guitar is seriously over-gained and too bright.

He doesn't have a 'tight' distortion sound. It's a sort of over-gained blues tone that just sounds terrible.
...And Justice For All, God it has some awful mixing. For one, the bass is absolutely non existent, which is just a petty trick played on Newstead by the other three, little did they know how crippling to good music that joke would be. The guitars sound rubbish, instead of the full sound of MoP, the guitars throbbed painfully. The drums clicked irritatingly, and Hetfield's vocals dominated everything.

It wouldn't be a shame if the music was bad, but the songwriting and music was brilliant, that is what makes the failure more painful.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Energy- Operation Ivy but I love it that way

The Crusade by Trivium. The guitars just don't have that ''edge''.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by hazzmatazz
Niandra Ladies and Usually Just A T-Shirt by John Frusciante was recorded on an old 4 track and doesn't sound great. But it is one of my favourite albums of all time its so amazing

It's the rawness, and imperfection of that album that makes it so brilliant! It's like listening to the soundtrack of a man going insane, its beautiful.
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
Quote by Raziel2p
Carcass - Reek of Putrefaction. No doubt.

Absolutely terrible production, but what you can make out really kicks ass.
Quote by StrayCatBlues
*In before St Anger*

St Anger

*out after St Anger*

ahahahaha
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by guitarist41

The Crusade by Trivium. The guitars just don't have that ''edge''.

I agree, it's a shame, for such a good album, it didn't have that bite I wanted out of it; whilst very technical and fast, it often lacked energy.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
jandeks albums(recorded on a dictaphone), but if they werent then it would be awful- so maybe not the worst
now extra flamey
Dark Medieval Times by Satyricon although, I still love it.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Quote by DTOE
It's the rawness, and imperfection of that album that makes it so brilliant! It's like listening to the soundtrack of a man going insane, its beautiful.

EXACTLY! Its what gives the album its atmosphere
The Misfits - Evilive

It is, without a doubt, the worst recording I have ever heard. In fact, of the millions of reasons I want Glenn Danzig tortured to death, that's second only to his violent, ignorant bigotry. It comes above his egotism!!!
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Anything by August Burns Red.

They need to warm up the guitar a bit. A lotta bit. They cut through a LITTLE too much.
Quote by turbulenced
lost prophets first one

Pfft, you haven't heard properly bad mixing if you think that sucked. It was actually quite good, especially considering that was just a demo they sent to the record label which got immediately albumised.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Page 1 of 2