My band are trying to come up with an album name.
Its got to sound pretty decent.
Were a prog/rock/melodic blues band.
We sound like some where between wishbone ash, jethro tull and muse crossed with jimi hendrix, jeff beck, the rolling stones and pink floyd (syd barret era).

Our name is IndigoChild - spelt like that and were trying to come up with a name for our first album that we have started to right.

Could some one help us come up with some thing that sounds decent?
I'd use a song title as the title...it makes the album seem more personal. But if no...

Into The Blue
Melodic Landscape
Evolving Time

???
for a prog band? well it has to be something awesome, seeing as your name is indego child. what about...............romance on jesus satelite? eh? anybody?
I know it's a bit of 'the done thing', but naming a debut album after your band name does have the effect of making sure the name of the band (which is what you want to get well known before song/album names) is stressed as much as possible - people don't have to remmeber "Album X" by "Band Y", they just remember "Indigo Child" by "Indigo Child".
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
Quote by spiderfizz
for a prog band? well it has to be something awesome, seeing as your name is indego child. what about...............romance on jesus satelite? eh? anybody?

What do you mean by that? do you not like the band name?
i do like your idea for an album name though.

any more?
How about 'Fishin' for Sea Snails'?

Y'see, the pigment that makes the colour 'indigo' used to be extracted from Phoenician sea snails.
Quote by Damascus
I know it's a bit of 'the done thing', but naming a debut album after your band name does have the effect of making sure the name of the band (which is what you want to get well known before song/album names) is stressed as much as possible - people don't have to remmeber "Album X" by "Band Y", they just remember "Indigo Child" by "Indigo Child".

Agreed, I think 'IndigoChild' would look good emblazoned accross the front with maybe some surrealist art or something in the background.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Apr 6, 2008,
^ really nice

Just thort id let you in on this: Im studying graphic design and im creating a logo and album cover as part of a project - im in the last few months of a two year course( about to go to uni ) and i have to make a logo for my band so that is a reall help!

If any one has any more ideas for a logo that would be great!

EDIT- just posted in the logo exhange thread so hopefully some one can provide me with a little bit more inspairation but feel free to post a logo here...

any more name?
Last edited by The_0thersid3 at Apr 6, 2008,
^ Some inspairation wouldnt go a miss though!

Id defently like to see what other people think.
I have been looking at things created with spray paint and other types of hand made stuff, but my singer said 'what does our music have to do with spray paint' so maybe thats not the best path to go down?
Quote by The_0thersid3
^ Some inspairation wouldnt go a miss though!

Id defently like to see what other people think.
I have been looking at things created with spray paint and other types of hand made stuff, but my singer said 'what does our music have to do with spray paint' so maybe thats not the best path to go down?

Progressive rock to me always conjures up surrealist images. Genesis, Floyd, Yes, ELP, they all had surrealist images on their album covers, so nowadays, if you have a surrealist image on an album cover, people would probably think 'I bet that's a prog rock band.' Which isn't a bad thing, it attracts the people who would want to buy your album to your album's cover in a record shop.

Which basicaly means you can put what the hell you like on there, a fish on a bike, a guy with a tomato for a head, an elephant with exhaust pipes for tusks, anything because it's surrealist.
But make sure it's purple.
Self titled?

Or you could do what Billy Talent did and stick a 'I' at the end of the band name.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
Or another play on the indigo name: 'ultraviolet'
Quote by rabidguitarist
Yeah go for some variation on ultraviolet
Quote by rabidguitarist
Greatest Hits.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
Greatest Hits.

CT

+1

This made my day.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
There was a Canadian indie group called Rheostatics whose debut album was called Greatest Hits. I thought it was awesomely funny when I first heard that too.

We pondered that, though briefly, for our first CD too.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Now I really want to do that. But my band members arnt going to allow it.

Do an album called "Bigger Than Jesus" and have the cover your band members doing the abby road walk except on water
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
What's the topic of most of your lyrics? If they're about death, war, pain, blood put suffering your album tittle.

If it's sex love touching put compasion.

I'm being extremely general. Of course you'd get more indepth and use some better, more elaborate words.

If its your first album and you give up then put your band name.
bro0otal

Drummer

Guitarist___________Bassist________________Vox______________________Lead Guitarist
Maybe take the name from a lyric from your first single. This way people will hear the name and might, if they have heard it enough, associate it with the single so they can remember how good it sounded.

I like this idea even if your not going to have singles from it, because it makes it more connected to your music.

Also, I like the idea of doing what The Libertines (and later Razorlight, but they got it from The Libertines because Borrel was briefly in The Libertines) did and keeping your name as the title of your second album.