well im working on my soloing.and some of the things are pretty sloppy.Anyways to improve?i know that practicing is the way to do it but i need some tips.like when im playing something on the b string i would accidentally hit the high e.HOw do i make my playing a bit more tight?
There's a few basic exercise techniques that work wonders but are not very "glamorous" ways of practicing.

Try string skipping exercises. Play scales or patterns and focus on skipping a string in between each sequence. Also play patters and runs in altered linear sequences......like 3rd and 6th intervals.

You should be able to find some exercises online under "finger independence" or something like that.

Those types of practice will improve your accuracy and timing of both hands.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
ahh thanks!ill go look for some finger independence stuff and take your advice with scales!anymore?

EDIT:another thing.how do i get down does little fast parts on the trooper.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=J6LPfxupa80
the part at around 10 second.Should i just build my was from a slower speed to the correct tempo?Thats another problem everytime i release the bend it sounds all sloppy.
Last edited by TheIronTrooper at Apr 5, 2008,
that solo sounded preety stinkin good but dont worry aboot the sloopy playin it will come with time but there are some guitarist who get away with sloopy styles like jimmy page i find his stufff to be very sloopy but it sounds good just do w/e floats ur boat
that wasnt me playing but i agree that is a good cover of the solo lol.
jimmy page,you are right but it fits his style.but im trying to cover the trooper and i cant do those little faster parts cause of the sloppyness haha.
yah you should learn the intro to sweet child of mine. it doubles as a killer alternate picking exercise as well as some string skipping. Slash used that very lick to practice years before he put it on record
Ill try that actually!i need some string skipping practice,but already know how to alternate pick but i guess alternate picking practice wouldnt hurt
Quote by fudger
that solo sounded preety stinkin good but dont worry aboot the sloopy playin it will come with time but there are some guitarist who get away with sloopy styles like jimmy page i find his stufff to be very sloopy but it sounds good just do w/e floats ur boat

Not at all - if you've learned something sloppy you'll be playing it sloppy for ever. The only surefire way to eliminate it is to re-learn things...go back to playing them as slow as is needed to play them flawlessly. Only once you've perfected the actions required to play the piece are you in a position to think about gradually speeding up - if you're playing it sloppy then you're playing it too fast.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com