As the title implies I was thinking of putting some of these bad boys in my combo. ANyone have any experience with this set up in particular?
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
Don't have any firsthand experience, but it's a natural combination. Big upgrade from the stock Peavey speakers, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I have the 6505 head with a marshall 1960AV cabinet (v30's loaded in it) It's quite middy as the speakers have a mid-spike and the actual amp has loads of mids to throw out as well but it's very well suited - not many people DON'T like it, but there are a few.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Thanks guys! And slats, Its nice to meet someone with the same opinion on Amps as me.
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
Just know that you'll definitely have to keep the mids low on the EQ if you get that cab because Vintage 30's and 6505's have a fairly strong natural spike in the mids.
Quote by rwalby9
Just know that you'll definitely have to keep the mids low on the EQ if you get that cab because Vintage 30's and 6505's have a fairly strong natural spike in the mids.

Not really - mids on my 6505+ are on 6.5 and it sounds pretty schweet.

And yeah the stock Peavy Sheffield speakers suck.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia