http://www.guitarcenter.com/Randall-G3-Plus-Series-RG75G3PLUS--Guitar-Combo-Amp-481686-i1394462.gc

Randall G3
I'm thinking about buying it, but I have no idea what they mean by Valve-dynamic. Is that just another gimmicky hybrid amp or is it actually good? I play mostly Thrash and Death metal so I thought Randall would be a good brand for high gain amps.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Randall usually has pretty good solidstate amps (hybrids really aren't that much different than solidstate).

Save up a bit more and get a Randall RG50TC.
All tube, and pretty darn brootal.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Randall usually has pretty good solidstate amps (hybrids really aren't that much different than solidstate).

Save up a bit more and get a Randall RG50TC.
All tube, and pretty darn brootal.

If I keep it at a lower volume for playing in the house, would it lose a lot of gain? Because that was my problem with the valveking. It wouldn't get distorted enough without me turning it up to about 4 or 5 and my neighbors and my grandpa got pissed so I had to return it.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
I don't think a 50 watt tube would be your best choice if your playing in your bedroom. You could afford a 15-30 watt tube in that price range, but will likely need a decent distortion pedal to have hi gain at low volumes.
I have this amp and it is the total opposite of what you think. It has a lot of distortion at low volumes but as soon as you crank it a lot of the distortion is cut away. It is pretty much useless passed the volume after 3. Don't get it if you plan on gigging.
I dont know, the thing about hybrids is that they really dont acomplish a tube sound, but if you have played the valvetronix for a while you know your not ganna acomplish any tube sound of the like but what it think the tube is for is to make it sound more like good individual SS amps for each AMP Model, its still modelling but its sound like SS, theres a diffrence, between the two. The roland cube sounds like **** when busted up all the way especially on the cleans and you can clearly tell its moddeling, but the valvetronix sounds like 11 good SS amps in one even when crancked
Do you guys have any other suggestions then? It doesn't have to be a Randall either. I just need something with decent high gain that I could do some gigging with but still play in the bedroom while keeping at a lower volume without losing too much gain.
Quote by HuckIt
well randall has some single channel heads don't know how many watts that are nice and cheap I don't know your price range but you could get an orange rocker 30 that has a ton of gain but if you can't spend that much look at a traynor but maby that doesn't have enof gain so I am realy stuck I have a tiny terror that gives me nice gain at low volumes but is it enof for death metal I don't know but it can do some heavy stuff like mettalica or Lamb of God. but the gain on it is realy tight.

So well I don't know but there is something in there that might help you
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Quote by THE-KID654
whats the budget

About 500 bucks at most. But I can go maybe 550.
Quote by HuckIt
It's not too bad.
Maybe you could look into something like a blackheart with an OD for that price range though.
*ahem*
This is quite capable, though a bit excessive, you could stretch it for an attenuator or OD if need be, there's quite a sum you'll have left.
Quote by Shred Head
*ahem*
This is quite capable, though a bit excessive, you could stretch it for an attenuator or OD if need be, there's quite a sum you'll have left.

I just returned that because I didn't have money for a pedal and I didn't get enough gain without higher volumes.
Quote by HuckIt