Haven't heard this one mentioned in a while actually, but I was quite impressed with it...Yamaha RGX-A2? Insanely lightweight - no heavier than an acoustic- and the mini-humbuckers are great for punk and other mid-gain styles. My only issue was with the styling, but they've recently brought out an all-black one which looks pretty cool.
I really wanted to try that guitar before I bought my fat strat, but they didn't sell it anywhere near me.
Fender Standard Telecaster would be awesome for pop-punk. That or a HSS strat, but a Seymour Duncan JB would sound much better than a dirtyfingers, imo.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Fender Standard Telecaster would be awesome for pop-punk. That or a HSS strat, but a Seymour Duncan JB would sound much better than a dirtyfingers, imo.

ic... ive also heard about pop punk mixing with this pickup?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seymour-Duncan-SH-5-Duncan-Custom-Guitar-Pickup-300040-i1127374.gc
Quote by Sid McCall

teles are heavy, get a les paul

lol joke.

srsly, yamaha pacifica?

or get a wide strap

or beef up some
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by xfallchildx
maybe ill just stick with the fat strat with a good pickup...

but which pickup???????? sh-5? dirty fingers? JB?

a good amp

if you have a decent tube amp and still arent satisfied, get a new pup

i have no experience with the jb, but the DF is supposed to be a good all rounder, i.e. workable cleans
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
a good amp

if you have a decent tube amp and still arent satisfied, get a new pup

i have no experience with the jb, but the DF is supposed to be a good all rounder, i.e. workable cleans

ye. i have a great amp. look in my sig. ive heard tho that dirty fingers either wont fit or it will sound bad in a fat strat...
Quote by xfallchildx
ye. i have a great amp. look in my sig. ive heard tho that dirty fingers either wont fit or it will sound bad in a fat strat...

get the JB then!
If you're playing pop punk, I vote for a use HSS MIM Strat. Then you can put stickers on it and wire it with just the 'bucker and 1 volume knob, for ultimate punk points.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
If you're playing pop punk, I vote for a use HSS MIM Strat. Then you can put stickers on it and wire it with just the 'bucker and 1 volume knob, for ultimate punk points.

that is exactly what i want just like the tom delonge strat right? but where would i get the made in mexico strat?

Edit: but now im looking at MIM strats online at on ebay. and the thing is it just looks like a regular strat.... and i really dont have any expierence with customizing. if i change pickups i just give it to my local shop.....
Last edited by xfallchildx at Apr 5, 2008,
Quote by xfallchildx
that is exactly what i want just like the tom delonge strat right? but where would i get the made in mexico strat?

Edit: but now im looking at MIM strats online at on ebay. and the thing is it just looks like a regular strat.... and i really dont have any expierence with customizing. if i change pickups i just give it to my local shop.....

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516039

that's an MIM strat, they are regular strats...just made in mexico
Quote by xfallchildx

Standard Strat=MIM.
Have you heard the HSS stock pickups? They're actually far better quality than you might expect,I certainly wouldn't start fussing about pickups until you've got the guitar.
the fender pickups are fine, just buy some pedals with the extra you wanna spend, or buy a MIA, or a standard deluxe? instead of a MIM with new p-ups
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by kyle62
Haven't heard this one mentioned in a while actually, but I was quite impressed with it...Yamaha RGX-A2? Insanely lightweight - no heavier than an acoustic- and the mini-humbuckers are great for punk and other mid-gain styles. My only issue was with the styling, but they've recently brought out an all-black one which looks pretty cool.

+1. Nice guitar, feels a bit like a toy to me though, due to it being so light and... plasticy.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by carpepax
Gibson Melody Maker ftw!

Ooh I changed my mind. Get this!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite