Page 1 of 2
My bf's birthday is next month and I've gotta get him a gift. Guitar is kind of his life so I was hoping for some suggestions since I don't know much about gear or anything.

I used the search bar and found a thread full of the word blowjob which isn't the kind of suggestion I need.

pedals? strings? billions of picks? help.
Strings are great IF YOU GET THE RIGHT ONES. It shows how much you care.

I'd be pleasantly surprised and very grateful if someone who doesn't play guitar gave me a good set of strings.
If you're not going to spend much, you could get him a Tab book of his favourite group
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
how much do you want to spend? waht genre does he mostly play?
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
maybe get him sone tab books, or sheet music if he can read it, or just small stuff like picks or a necklace, if you want to get him a pedal you'd better ask him which specific one he wants
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
A good strap it shows how much you support him.
Quote by King'sXfan590
Emo hating is becoming a bigger trend than being emo.

Quote by 1,57$
Is there mosh pits in James Blunt shows?
Hardshell guitar case, 3-Guitar stand (if he's got multiple guitars). Effects pedals are fun. guitar strap. Fulltone wah pedal.

Feel free to get me any of these, see you tonight ^^.
Strap is a definite yes.
Or maybe put a little package together with a bunch of picks, cables, straps etc etc.

EDIT: ^pwned. Three guitar stands are awesome, by the way. I have one.
Being realistic, a strap is pretty difficult to go wrong with, whereas you can get the wrong pedal, strings, etc.

The necklace with a pick on it wouldn't be bad, and if you live where there's a guitar center (there are none where I am) then the giftcard would probably go alright.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
is that you allie?
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
I'm hesitant about buying any guitar stuff because I'm not sure what he wants/needs but I know he'd appreciate guitar stuff more than anything else.

I refuse to be all cliche and girly and give him a picture of us in a frame or something. I've gotta keep my reputation as a cool girlfriend.

My budget is probably around $50.
There's nothing truely wrong with giftcards I guess, but to me those say I don't really know you that well here's some money for whatever your into. But that might just be me. Lots of picks, guitar case, cables maybe, or blow jobs work nicely
Break a few fingers on his left hand.
I'm sure that he'll love that.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Quote by The_Figgy
A good strap it shows how much you support him.

Oh man. I would die for a good strap.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Quote by hansarvin
There's nothing truely wrong with giftcards I guess, but to me those say I don't really know you that well here's some money for whatever your into. But that might just be me. Lots of picks, guitar case, cables maybe, or blow jobs work nicely

I agree with you about giftcards. They seem rushed and I like to put thought into presents.

I was expecting a full page of "sex him!"s when I made this thread, but so far there have been good suggestions.
ok now that you say $20, make him a necklace with a pick on it. It has to do with guitar and it's something special for him and you. And not to be a negative bastard but highschool relationships don't last forever. I see them fade away everyday, which is why I make fun of the poor bastards that spend a ****load of money buying their girlfriends things and vice versa.

EDIT:Forget the bottom part if your not in highschool...
Last edited by hansarvin at Apr 5, 2008,
go with the necklace with the pick - i want one now

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
invent a "pick-gnome locater" and give him that.he would become the sweetest most apreciative bf in the world....or at least i would.
just so i dont have to edit every post i make, let me clarify something I CANT TYPE WELL....thanks
So I've noticed that a lot of you have said pick necklace things but would you guys seriously wear those?

And what constitutes a good strap?
Quote by mcmurphy
So I've noticed that a lot of you have said pick necklace things but would you guys seriously wear those?

And what constitutes a good strap?

I would. And if I was given it by a girlfriend, I'd feel obliged to anyway.

A good strap is one that isn't extremely thin, made out of crappy material, and really cheap. As long as it looks nice, it's probably a good strap.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by MoleMania
...walrusses purr?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

sorry but thats a seal...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Well, I got my boyfriend an iPod for Christmas one year. Not exactly guitar gear, but it's music-oriented, and he doesn't go anywhere without it.

So if he doesn't have one, I highly recommend you get him one.

Quote by C.C. Deville
sorry but thats a seal...

NO!
its SEEL.
HA!
WINNARZ:
NoFX_Fan182
iceman95
Page 1 of 2