So, for my French 12 class each week one person has to teach the class how to do something, it can be anything from how to tie-dye socks, to how to teach proper English grammar.

Being the amazingly original and creative person that I am, I chose to teach the class how to play guitar. It's a small class filled with people who I know will not mishandle the instruments, so it's no problem providing guitars for everyone with the help of a friend. That being said, I don't have much ideas for what I could teach them.

I was thinking some really easy riffs from songs like seven nation army, or back in black. Maybe an easy chord or two?

If anyone has any suggestions of what I should do, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I will not teach them "I cum blood"

Edit: I was told by a guitarist friend in the class that he will castrate me (not literally, I hope) if I teach Smoke on the Water or Stairway.
Last edited by Sooopo at Apr 5, 2008,
Smoke On the Water. Sweet Child O' Mine. Stairway. Smells like Teen Spirit.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
@ i cum blood.

teach them the parts of the guitar and a chord or two. or maybe "smoke on the water" or "iron man" because they're so cliche and well known
You will phail miserably if you do it. Don't. Please.
Quote by rabidguitarist
safe mode is like safe sex. there are so many things you can't do.
So this is what i got so far:
-Quick explanation of how to hold guitar, distribution of picks if they want
-Teach Iron Man riff (thank you strat335)
-Tell the kid using the electric (acoustically) that they need to make a "rock face" whenever they strum a power chord or do a sweet riff
-depending on time taken, teach seven nation army riff, or move on to some chords
Chords I was pondering G 3-3-0-0-2-3
Em 3-3-0-2-2-0
C 3-3-0-2-3-x
-basic strumming pattern to go along with chords
-let em play around with it for a bit
-Q&A time

The project isn't supposed to take more than 20 minutes, so I can end basically wherever I feel like as teaching people this could take awhile.

@Sami_296: I appreciate what you're saying but the other 6 people in the class I have known since grade 2, so there's no fear of embarrassment. The teacher is also looking for the ability to convey information in French as well instead of actual productivity in the teaching, so there shouldn't be any problem.
Quote by master
make sure if you teach them any notes there's no b. it's h. I don't know why, but that's how it is in Europe.

do you mean that flats are represented by a h?
or do you mean that the note b is called h for some illogical reason

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

I'm totally doing this for my French class. My friend and I could do it together, he sucks at French, it's hilarious. If you want to see just how bad he is, our final is on Google Video under "Rouge Moose," he's the crazy guy in the car.

+1 originality, too.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by master
make sure if you teach them any notes there's no b. it's h. I don't know why, but that's how it is in Europe.

No it isn't.