OK, I'm gonna clean my fretboard with lemon oil for the first time I've had it, and clean the nut with some graphite lube. Now, no one ever says specifically want kind of lemon oil...So I got some Old English here, and some powdered graphite lube. Would this be alright? I'm just afraid of cracking my neck....I know all this is probably ok, I'm just a little obsessive with safety precautions.

So, thanks in advance, of course.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
i think you can use that, im not 100 percent sure tho, theres one brand that has some bad **** in that, someone else might wanna confirm it.
Amps:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Epiphone Valve Standard
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 st-100
Guitars:
Greco 1980 LP black beauty 3 pickup, emg 81TW, 81, 85
Univox les paul
Custom Stratocaster replica, emg 81 and 2 emg SA
Johnson Stratocaster
old english is fine. thats what the use to use on fret boards in the store I worked at.
Sweet, thanks guys.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
it shouldnt be harmful, unless there are also silicones in the spray (not always listed under ingredients)

but it does contain Mineral oil. some comments on mineral oil used instead of guitar fretboard conditioner, or lemon oil...

"Mineral oil does not penetrate the wood like other oils, so in effect it actually seals off the wood, blocking it's pores and keeping moisture out...

Mineral oil does not cure so it won't form a film that acts as a barrier to moisture or chemicals. It will offer some slight temporary protection and might make the wood look better"

for a complete ingredient list, you will need to contact the company.

just to add. old english is a product of Pledge. i just contacted them about Pledge oil.
this was their response...

Pledge email...
Dear Jen,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Pledge® with Orange Oil.

While specific ingredient information is considered confidential, I can share with you some of the ingredients used in Pledge® with Orange Oil. These ingredients are:
· Bitrex
· Coloring
· Fragrance
· Mineral Oil
· Orange Oil
· Silicone

If you are interested a Pledge® product that does not contain silicone, Pledge® Multi Surface Clean & Dust™ Spray is not formulated to contain silicone. This product allows you to conveniently clean & dust wood, metal, glass and electronics all in one easy step.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Apr 5, 2008,