I generally tend to avoid LTD's below the 400 series, but from what Ive heard, they are improving their low end models. But, within that price range, it might be your best bet. Im not well versed in other brands like Ibanez, but from what I hear, their low end models are bad.
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
Quote by Sadbutrue62
What do you guys think about this guitar? If you don't like it tell me a good guitar that I can use for metal that is 250 or lower.

I own it, and it hasn't let me down for metal.

Although now, all i play is classic rock, but it still works lol.

Amp matters most rather than the guitar
Quote by Sadbutrue62
What do you guys think about this guitar? If you don't like it tell me a good guitar that I can use for metal that is 250 or lower.

theres a "through the fire and flames" solo guitar cover on youtube, of which he uses a ESP f-50, (yes i know its a gay song etc), so it can handle shredding and metal etc, heres a link

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=6187698228689398585&q=ESP+f-50&total=105&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

and a large collection of other clips using the f-50

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=6187698228689398585&q=ESP+f-50&total=105&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1
Hey I just noticed your signature, you already own an ec-50, don't bother with the f-50. You are basically buying the exact same guitar, with the same pickups but different shape. I would suggest on getting a new amp as well as most of your tone comes from your amp.
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Hey I just noticed your signature, you already own an ec-50, don't bother with the f-50. You are basically buying the exact same guitar, with the same pickups but different shape. I would suggest on getting a new amp as well as most of your tone comes from your amp.

eh, maybe hes giving away his guitar, or wants something that looks awsome (yes its not right to buy a guitar for the looks)
Quote by Epic_chef
eh, maybe hes giving away his guitar, or wants something that looks awsome (yes its not right to buy a guitar for the looks)

Still not the best idea though. TS you should relaly save up just a big more, say about 250 more? Then you can get a kickass LTD