Hello,

I am two months away from graduation High School, and my girlfriend of two years told me she's going to school in New York and live with her parents there. So we broke up, because she wants to be friends because she doesn't think us staying together over 4 years apart is possible even if we visit every break, which is understandable.

So, now I have two choices to do what I want to do. I am going to CSUSM, and they have a study abroad program, where should I go? I was thinking studying in London for a semester or two, or maybe Paris, don't want to go to Holland really, have lived there and go ever summer, nothing new to see. I can also choose from Italy and Sweden, but I would have to learn the language.

I want to become a doctor, am majoring in Biology, and have my pre-med reqs already lined up in my class load in college, but I also want to be a musician. I know there's not much money in music, but I think it would be cool to travel the world and play...

So, where should I study abroad, where is a cool place to go for cool experiences? And should I stick to my original plan or become a free spirit.
High as tits
you should make your own future. don't depend on us to make choices for you because you'll just end up wondering "what if..."

Sweden.

I think you know why...
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by strat335
you should make your own future. don't depend on us to make choices for you because you'll just end up wondering "what if..."

That and you'll become a murderous rapist..

If you have any background on some of the other countries languages I'd suggest studying abroad. You could probably pick up the language pretty fast in an everyday sort of situation, and its a once in a lifetime situation.
Quote by strat335

I don't think he's depending on us for his future, just asking us what places are like from personal experiences.

If he relied on the pit for his future, he's be screwed
you should come to sweden, obviously because we have the hottest babes around

on a slightly more serious note, I'd personally go for London. the French annoy me altho the place itself is lovely. but for me it seems that London has a pretty good music scene which could be worth exploring.
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
Hello,

I am two months away from graduation High School, and my girlfriend of two years told me she's going to school in New York and live with her parents there. So we broke up, because she wants to be friends because she doesn't think us staying together over 4 years apart is possible even if we visit every break, which is understandable.

Heh, that sounds familiar, same thing pretty much happened to me...

But anyway, I'd just do with what you really want. I really wouldn't pass up an opportunity to be come a doctor. There are a lot of people who would love to go to school for that but just don't have the money. You gotta think about your future and make sure you make it good for yourself. Becoming a musician may sound like great fun, but is it a realistic lifestyle? You can still play music and have a great career at the same time. Maybe you can retire young then do your thing with music?
My shredding attracts small birds….

Love
Zelda?
Ok, so I'm biased, because I live here, but I like London more than I liked Paris when I visited. And you're clearly fluent in English, so you'd be able to live here with no problem.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by mz44_d
Heh, that sounds familiar, same thing pretty much happened to me...

You're his girlfriend, aren't you?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I think I will go to London, since there wouldn't be a big language transition to make.

My only fear: Chavs.

I think I will stick with becoming a doctor, and studying abroad would look good on an application. So what are the universities there like?
High as tits
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
I think I will go to London, since there wouldn't be a big language transition to make.

I think I will stick with becoming a doctor, and studying abroad would look good on an application. So what are the universities there like?

You got a big chance to get shanked in London, though if you stay away from the slums.... you may aswell stand a decent chance.
Quote by Suicidal_Brick

The problem with chavs is exaggerated. They'll only bother you if they're in a huge group, you're alone, no-one else is around, and you act unconfident. Besides, you can just stay away from the particularly appalling areas, which are actually few and far between.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I think that the school would be in central London, so I don't know what it's like there.
High as tits
Well im going to have to throw my weight into france's corner here. Its a beautiful city and contrary to most other peoples opinions i find most parisians really nice. In a way you have to understand whatever attitude they may have. Paris is the city most visited by tourists in the world and believe me id get pissed of with people asking me for directions in their own lanuage. Over and over again. I know paris quite well and it has a thriving music scene. It attracts big name groups, Kings of Leon, QOTSA, has excellent music festivals, Paris en Seine etc so dont completely rule it out its an amazingly beautiful city!
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
It attracts big name groups, Kings of Leon, QOTSA, has excellent music festivals, Paris en Seine etc so dont completely rule it out its an amazingly beautiful city!

Ok, you just can't compare France's music scene to England's. It doesn't hold a candle to it. The rest of your post was fine, but England is one of the most toured countries in the world and there's pretty much always something going on in London. There's a bigger underground scene too. As for festivals, we have Glastonbury, Reading/Leeds, Download, 02 Wireless... You just can't compare.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
TS - If you want to become a doctor, we have some really good universities over here. England is also a great place to come and be a musician, but if your heart draws you to being a free spirit, then that's where you have to go. Because if you deny what your heart tells you, you will never be truly happy.

It's better to be a happy beggar than an unhappy king.
Quote by paintITblack39
Sweden, you could visit Kensai and Ikea.

I'd choose the latter, though.

I just can't compete with a stylish home.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
If you want to be a doctor, I suggest saving every penny you have.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I would love to spend a semester in London, and see all the cool places since everything is so close. That's what I loved about living in Holland, I could get anywhere on a bike or on public transport.
High as tits
Quote by break-me-in
Ok, you just can't compare France's music scene to England's. It doesn't hold a candle to it. The rest of your post was fine, but England is one of the most toured countries in the world and there's pretty much always something going on in London. There's a bigger underground scene too. As for festivals, we have Glastonbury, Reading/Leeds, Download, 02 Wireless... You just can't compare.

Ok that is true that england has more festivals but honestly with festivals such as Eurockéens , Festoch' and paris en seine attracting groups such as radiohead, grinderman babyshambles, the offspring england doesn't have such a huge gap over france as one might think.... And most french festivals are likely to be sunnier Often cheaper too!
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.