I've been playing for about a year and a half, and i don't claim to be amazing, but I think I'm pretty good

Anyways i need to upgrade my amp, i was looking at maybe a 30 watt Spider III, but I've heard that can be a bad decision. I practice at least an hour a day on my own, and have been looking for a band lately, so basically i guess i just need a decent amp for the moderate guitarist looking to expand his playing skills (been trying improv solos lately)
preferably in the $120-$200 range, maybe even a little more

thanks
What kind of music do you play? A $200 budget is going to be hard to work with, especially if you're looking to join a band. Save up a bit more, if that's possible.
i play mostly alternative (RATM, Wolfmother, and White Stripes are bands whose most songs i know) doesn't have to be great, almost anything is better than what i have now. i just need something with a wide tone variety (OD sounds nice but can also play soft songs nicely)
save up a bit more and get a Valveking 112, or save up a little bit less and get a blackheart combo.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.