whatever one looks better to you man. the difference is very little when your playing rock, although rgs tend to have a thinner neck and higher output for metal playing, but they can both play just about anything if you have the right amp.
You'll probably get more for the $ with the SZ.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The SZ sells for $650 street price, but it's on sale at MF for $399:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SZ720FM-Flamed-Maple-Electric-Guitar?sku=516789

The RG3EX1 used to sell for $350 street price, but it got bumped up to $525. For this reason alone I would not buy the RG3EX1. If I were you, I would order the SZ720 from MF. I think it used to sell for less and also received a price bump, so that sale is gold right now (it's lower than the previous street price IIRC).
Quote by Serendipity
The SZ sells for $650 street price, but it's on sale at MF for $399:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SZ720FM-Flamed-Maple-Electric-Guitar?sku=516789

The RG3EX1 used to sell for $350 street price, but it got bumped up to $525. For this reason alone I would not buy the RG3EX1. If I were you, I would order the SZ720 from MF. I think it used to sell for less and also received a price bump, so that sale is gold right now (it's lower than the previous street price IIRC).

i bought one two days ago from guitar center for 320
it was the best investment ive ever made
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I'd say RG if you dig the finish and the metal looking inlays. SZ does have a better look for rock and the Gilbraltar bridge with a thicker neck is pretty good for rock.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
The RG would be a good pick. I'm a huge fan of Ibanez's RG line of guitars. Now, the other guitar is good, too. It all comes down to what you want.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
I'd get the SZ. They are pretty great guitars. I like them better than Schecter's similar C-1s. At $399, you'd be dumb not to get one.
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo